PDA

View Full Version : Idea for organising Sim matches

Rhah
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, bare (bear?) with me here... just a little brain fart i'm having... any ideas to improve this idea are most welcome

Right, the jist of it is that we seem to have a good number of players on here that want to play sim, but can't get a match going. I've got a few of you on my friends list, and although I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, i've bumped into a few of you online during matches.... mostly at random though.
One of the main problems is that whenever a sim server gets setup, people are either already in a match, or get pissed off and play SP (or a different game)
Later tonight (after 9pm GMT), I'm going to send a message out to everyone on my friends who plays IL-2, stating a time that i'm going to set up a sim server. It'll probably read "Sim match in 30 mins" or something like that. That gives everyone time to finish the match they are already in. Then, i'll set the server up and invite whoever is online.. hopefully, there will be a few people patiently waiting and we can get a good game going. If everyone else forwards the message to people on their lists, then we should have more than enough people for a full server. (I'm referring to PS3 here, but it would work just as well on Xbox)

What do you lot think? I realise it sounds complicated, but it might just work.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
09-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll be at the gym after 9 :(

Soviet Ace
09-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I've got a dumb family get together, so count me out. Would if I could, but family gets in the way sometimes of my Ace-dom :P

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Ok, bare (bear?) with me here... just a little brain fart i'm having... any ideas to improve this idea are most welcome

Right, the jist of it is that we seem to have a good number of players on here that want to play sim, but can't get a match going. I've got a few of you on my friends list, and although I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, i've bumped into a few of you online during matches.... mostly at random though.
One of the main problems is that whenever a sim server gets setup, people are either already in a match, or get pissed off and play SP (or a different game)
Later tonight (after 9pm GMT), I'm going to send a message out to everyone on my friends who plays IL-2, stating a time that i'm going to set up a sim server. It'll probably read "Sim match in 30 mins" or something like that. That gives everyone time to finish the match they are already in. Then, i'll set the server up and invite whoever is online.. hopefully, there will be a few people patiently waiting and we can get a good game going. If everyone else forwards the message to people on their lists, then we should have more than enough people for a full server. (I'm referring to PS3 here, but it would work just as well on Xbox)

What do you lot think? I realise it sounds complicated, but it might just work.

Ahhhh, I would love to be there, but if I'm not mistaken, I'll be in school due to my timezone:evil: