PDA

View Full Version : Dark Blue World

reverend66
09-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Have any of you guys seen this movie? It's a Czech film about 2 pilots that run from the nazis and go to fly for the RAF. It's a great film, I saw it years ago but can't find it now. Netflix doesn't have it and the copy at my local video store went missing.
If you can get a hold of it check it out. It's not very action packed (it's a drama) but well worth a rent if you can find it. I guess I'm going to have to find a copy on the Ebay.

Soviet Ace
09-23-2009, 04:00 AM
I own this movie, on VHS. Don't know where mine is exactly, but it was a good movie. Poor little Czech's, fighting over ladies.... It was a good movie, interesting to watch.

reverend66
09-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Yeah, It's kinda like a Chech version of Pearl Harbor (only not so sucky). Not as good as Battle of Brittan (love the happy music they play when the nazis are on screen). Did you know they rented the spitfires for the flying scenes from the Mexican airforce? I was vacationing there in Cozumel few months ago & they were doing training in what looked like T33 shooting stars, it was really cool to see those old jets.

GCoutinho
09-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I actually bought the DVD a couple of years after it was released. Lost track of it the last time I moved.

Steiner
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I think I saw it on HBO.

Mr.Blonde
09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Great movie, I loved its downer ending. Not so centered on air combat like other movies like The Battle of Britain, but it's worth watch.

Soulsurfer
09-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Bought this movie a few years ago on DVD and watched it again last weekend thanks to IL2 lol. Good movie.

chacal49
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Great movie !I have it in dvd format! Polish pilots where the best they did not
like the Germain at all lolll

Soviet Ace
09-24-2009, 02:25 AM
The young pilot who hangs around with the older guy in the movie, kinda pissed me off. Maybe it was just because it was a semi-chick flick, but the attitude of the young pilot just pissed me off. Good movie though, interesting combat scenes. (There are like five total combat scenes, right?)

mattmanB182
09-24-2009, 03:45 AM
I would try www.cduniverse.com you can find anything there.

Thats where I got the great German movie "Stalingrad".

Danfried
09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I really enjoyed this movie too. It came out about the same time as Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor, but in spite of costing only the tiniest fraction of Pearl Harbor to make, it has more realistic action sequences, relying a lot less on exaggerated CGI.

I think there are hundreds of effects shots in Dark Blue World, but they used several different methods -- with a combination of new footage of real planes, models, and modified footage from The Battle of Britain.

dandymountfarto
09-25-2009, 07:05 AM
i remember a scene at an airfield where 2 spits go flying past at low level - what a fanatastic noise!

not a bad movie at all.

Reknad
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
got it, IMO the entire fight scenes was from the movie "Battle of Britain" but with additional effects :X