Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2009, 02:28 AM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
I don't think you get it right.
40 planes were not ambitious, it was actually hadn't been planned to made 40 playable planes.
Originally, we were going to start with 12, and all others only for AI.
But because we had physics flight models, exterior models of good quality, and also because it is console game and most players will definetly play not in cockpits-only view (that was true even for PC game), it was decided (our idea, not publisher's) to make these planes playable as well.
Timeline and budget hadn't allowed to make all other cockpits, so it wasn't an option.
As you can see, the game was even announced with 12th playable planes - and only that appears information, that in MP there will be more.
That's because publisher have checked with plans/agreements, not with us, before releasing this information.

I think, 12th planes are also pretty good for a re-starting frnachise for consoles, but my opinion, that 40 are still better.
And, unfortunately, if we would make ultimatum to publisher (9 months or no game), it would mean cancelling game, that's not talking about business ethic and ruining relationship.

And, also comparing our planes/cockpits with BA - isn't fair. Their cockpits are pretty useless in any case, and the quality is incomparable. We were able to make hundred of planes of that quality, but that's not something we were going to do.
Thank you very, very much Anton. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing DLC's around my birthday and I'll have plenty of MS points by then.

I fully understand the lack of cockpits in the finished game. I just want to thank you very much for keeping simulation mode, flight stick support, and adding 28+ more planes to the list.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2009, 02:50 AM
David603 David603 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 6'clock high
Posts: 713
Default

I think we should all cut Anton some slack here. Not that I am happy about the German planes not having cockpits, but it is not Anton's fault and he is doing his best to help us out, and the choice of 12 planes with cockpits and 28 without is a lot better than 12 aircraft total. I know people, including myself, are a bit upset over this issue, but imagine how outraged all the Il2 1946 veterans would have been if there had only been 12 flyable planes, all of them Allied.

Until the cockpits come out for the Bf109 I will just be flying something like the Spitfire that does have a cockpit, and maybe the change in styles will be good for my flying.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Soviet Ace Soviet Ace is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guarding the skies of the Motherland!!
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
I think we should all cut Anton some slack here. Not that I am happy about the German planes not having cockpits, but it is not Anton's fault and he is doing his best to help us out, and the choice of 12 planes with cockpits and 28 without is a lot better than 12 aircraft total. I know people, including myself, are a bit upset over this issue, but imagine how outraged all the Il2 1946 veterans would have been if there had only been 12 flyable planes, all of them Allied.

Until the cockpits come out for the Bf109 I will just be flying something like the Spitfire that does have a cockpit, and maybe the change in styles will be good for my flying.
I agree with you 100% It's not Anton's fault for doing this, and be realistic everyone. This isn't the first time a game has come up short like this (Don't take the the wrong way Anton, or anyone else on here), there are plenty of other games out there that have shown that they can't go the full length that their audience would like. I do believe that Anton said something about a possible DLC to have German cockpits for the 109 and 190. So be patient, and maybe try out the other planes. I for one will be a strict Yak pilot

Last edited by Soviet Ace; 08-22-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Desode Desode is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Thank you very, very much Anton. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing DLC's around my birthday and I'll have plenty of MS points by then.

I fully understand the lack of cockpits in the finished game. I just want to thank you very much for keeping simulation mode, flight stick support, and adding 28+ more planes to the list.
Right on , MEGA DITTO'S
DESODE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Ishigami Ishigami is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Wow lucky me I saw this thread.
I didn’t know that this game neither gets a German campaign nor skirmish missions. It is even more disappointing that they won’t even have virtual cockpits in multiplayer without extra costs.

Since I don’t care about multiplayer and I call myself a “fan” of Luftwaffentechnik my only choice was to cancel the preorder I made after playing your marvelous demo.

An aerial combat game set in Europe of World War 2 without a playable Luftwaffe? – Not with me.
And whoever is responsible for the decision to go for buyable DLC is a crappy bastard to me.

I really like your approach to the game play, the demo was really nice and so much better than the other aerial combat games about WW2 on consoles but your feature and release strategy spoiled it completely for me. If you make another game including the Luftwaffe or set in the Pacific including the Japanese air force then I’m sure to give you another chance.

Well until then,
a disappointed “not-quite-costumer”
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Jasta 6 Jasta 6 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 79
Default

So why not support this game now in hopes of a better sequel? Not every game franchise started with greatness. Perfection takes time and sequels. sequels we may not get if not enough people support the first game.

Last edited by Jasta 6; 08-23-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasta 6 View Post
So why not support this game now in hopes of a better sequel? Not every game franchise started with greatness. Perfection takes time and sequels. sequels we may not get if not enough people support the first game.
I was thinking the same thing. Anton said the Pacific Theatre could be easilly done in a sequel.

I just hope they release the cockpits and planes in large DLC's.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 PM
David603 David603 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 6'clock high
Posts: 713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Anton said the Pacific Theatre could be easilly done in a sequel.
They even have the example of how the original series expanded, so Gaijin can use the same ideas as a basis and the Pacific is the obvious step for a sequel.

Big enough change to be a real sequel, and hopefully they will follow in Oleg Maddox's steps and release the game with the new content, all the content from Birds of Prey and all the DLC released in the meanwhile as a single game. If they did this they might have to go multi disc with the 360 version and allow the content from one of the discs to be installed to the hard drive, but it would be worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
dandymountfarto dandymountfarto is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasta 6 View Post
So why not support this game now in hopes of a better sequel? Not every game franchise started with greatness. Perfection takes time and sequels. sequels we may not get if not enough people support the first game.
this is the problem for a lot of fans though. basically, it is a sequel, so its hard to take when a lot of things have had to be shelved that were the norm for its previous incarnations on the pc.

its unfortunate that people will be disappointed for expecting that BoP would provide that experience on consoles and it comes up short, but its understandable. its IL-2 Sturmovik. if it was a completely new franchise/concept then it will probably have been cut some slack. just look how badly recieved the new star wars movies were as a prime example of fans not getting what they had hoped for!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM
juz1 juz1 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: No more team deathmatch, EVER!
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishigami View Post
And whoever is responsible for the decision to go for buyable DLC is a crappy bastard to me.

???
Blame Adam Smith or any of the other founders of modern day capitalism..
________
Yamaha Psr-S500

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.