Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2009, 09:02 AM
dragonator1000 dragonator1000 is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturat View Post
You can flip the controls in bf1943 tho. its called southpaw. Most firstperson games have this aswell. After all some people are left handed *cough*mutants*cough*
HEY IM LEFT HANDED! well actually amba wahtever the word is when u can use both hands. but mainly LEFT HANDED!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
butterfield butterfield is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfly147 View Post
otherwise i might be tempted to take my controller apart and switch the wires
Actually, that's not a bad idea. I've got an extra wired controller sitting around, may give it a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
xNikex xNikex is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
thats nice , but everyone else doesnt
But it is true though. Most flight games on the Xbox use the left stick for pitch/roll etc. It is only to appeal to the console community. Idk why you see this as a shocker.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Raw Kryptonite Raw Kryptonite is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
thats nice , but everyone else doesnt
What console game has it different? Plane control on the left is how OGF comes, AC6, HAWX (IIRC,used the flight stick for that), BF1943, BSP...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM
guiltyspark guiltyspark is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
What console game has it different? Plane control on the left is how OGF comes, AC6, HAWX (IIRC,used the flight stick for that), BF1943, BSP...
it doesnt matter what other games have it different , if you would read the ******* thread it would become obvious that nobody likes the scheme and they want an option to change it.

every thread is like a battle with you , just say "yes i would like it very much for people to have a choice"

instead of supporting a single , unchangable control scheme which will scare players away
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
butterfield butterfield is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
it doesnt matter what other games have it different , if you would read the ******* thread it would become obvious that nobody likes the scheme and they want an option to change it.

every thread is like a battle with you , just say "yes i would like it very much for people to have a choice"

instead of supporting a single , unchangable control scheme which will scare players away
Amen to that, in this day and age every button and control should be mapable by the user. It is 2009.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Jeevz Jeevz is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23
Default

Put me down as another who'd like to swap the sticks and remap the controls.

Looking around is more important to me than rocket or bomb buttons, I'd love to have the look modifier on one of the bumper buttons.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
guiltyspark guiltyspark is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 622
Default

anton is there ANY possibility to have this changed before the game ships? or any chance for there to be a patch that adds an option to switch the sticks?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Anton Yudintsev Anton Yudintsev is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
anton is there ANY possibility to have this changed before the game ships? or any chance for there to be a patch that adds an option to switch the sticks?
Answer to first question is No.
The game is already GM, it will take month or so to make such a change.
The second question is harder to answer.
First, we need to understand that it is really a problem.
Second, we need to convinve publisher (it will require additional QA, etc).
Third, both Sony/MS charges for updates. A lot. So it won't be before first DLC will appear.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Yossarian Yossarian is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 205
Default

I'm really struggling to finesse my aim in AA because of this and I'm having loads of problems with air-ground, after I've strafed my target I go to increase power and pull up into a climb, but I'm doing the opposite, cutting off the throttle and pushing the nose down.

I don't want to risk learning these sticks, I don't want to make a mistake with my RC planes, I'm not going to be able to play this game without a flight stick.

I can't see why they did not offer us the choice. It seems a big mistake, I can understand they want our right hand free to hit controller buttons, but the current set up is 'south-paw' as far as I'm concerned and it don't work for me, and I am left handed, but I don't play any games in south-paw configuration.

Shame I will not be picking this up at launch now. I'll need to wait until I have money for flightstick and game, I'm a student, that may be a while.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.