Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2021, 01:08 PM
Lotrek Lotrek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Yea I used to code c++ and hated it. I am sort of learning Javascript to mod Starsector but that has it's own challenges, just not so many.

Oh and btw it is October! And rather than my monthly rant, here is a seasonal meme to entertain my fans!

Copyright laws, making Halloween costume shopping hilarious since 1990:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg costume.jpg (166.2 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-27-2021, 11:47 PM
nocalora29's Avatar
nocalora29 nocalora29 is offline
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 518
Default

Funny you mention java, just recently made a private mod to enable reverse engineering all possible Hullmods and Weaponry

If you're interested, heres the mod itself:
Athena-Research: https://pixeldrain.com/u/2ZDww8kM
Sadly it only works on new games, after that a timer will initiate that will initiate the "quest-line" for the player to reach a very.. specific system.

I don't want to spoil too much, but let me just say: you better do a speedrun to get some good gear in the first couple of ingame months, cuz you're going to get visited

And as a bonus I'll throw in the source too, since you've mentioned you're learning some java.
Athena-Src: https://pixeldrain.com/u/g12FuRFC

(I never actually tested the mod on other systems than Windows or Linux, so if you're on MacOS: I don't know what'll happen ^^)
__________________
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2021, 02:17 AM
Lotrek Lotrek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Well I thank you for the link. I will check it out tomorrow. I did wind up making a couple Starsector mods with some limited good reception. I enjoyed the process even with the cross eyes and headaches
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2021, 09:05 AM
nocalora29's Avatar
nocalora29 nocalora29 is offline
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
limited good reception
So you've released some mods yourself? Please... I need more details very interested into what you've made ^^
__________________
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Lotrek Lotrek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Well here we are November so far

@nocalora29 Well on the Starsector forums I go by my nicer alter ego Dazs.

I have released a faction mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/i...?topic=22826.0

And a utility mod that was formerly part of the above mod but I decided would get more traction on it's own: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/i...?topic=22882.0

I am sure 1c won't mind me posting links to another game, not like they pay attention to my posts anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2021, 01:18 AM
nocalora29's Avatar
nocalora29 nocalora29 is offline
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 518
Default

I really love the industrial factor of the ore refinery mod, and im definitely going to put both of the mods on my next playthrough

I'll let you know if I have anything constructive to say towards that.

I'd also love to release my mod publicly, but im quite unsure about it, because I know for a fact that the community over there does get a little upset if a mod might or might not break the balance of other mods, I'll have to think about it.

Hell, its not even tested that well.
__________________
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-02-2021, 09:03 AM
Lotrek Lotrek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Yea I am a bit surprised that the ore refinery mod is getting so little love. I tried to also have it convert rare ore but I just could not seem to get them to both work at the same time. Gonna fiddle with it today.

Glad you like them!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-02-2021, 09:07 AM
Lotrek Lotrek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post

I'll let you know if I have anything constructive to say towards that.
Oh and I believe you owe me oh about 100 hours of beta testing MUahahahahahahahahaha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.