Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Anton Yudintsev Anton Yudintsev is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Early Spitfire and Hurricanes had carburetor fed engines which when pushed forward into negative G maneuvers would cause the fuel to rush away from the feed and the engine would indeed stall. This could happen upsidedown, yes, but also while pushing forward on the stick to chase a 109. This was later solved...particularly in the Mark V series of Spitfires and later. In IL-2 1946 and in all previous versions a negative G engine stall occurs on the Hurricane I as it should.
Yeah, I know a history.
But in IL-2 it happens on the Hurricane I, but not on a Spitfire, which was my point.
In our game we have identification of engine stalls, but engine won't break, only engine power lowers. (sometimes engines've stopped running in a real).

Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't mind a proper engine stall in the game BoP as well. Simulation mode on. Certainly I'm looking forward to that in Storm of War. Not so much silly in my mind
I was talking about our console players - they were not asking for that .
They'll be confused in such a case.

Quote:
In any case...as I say...wish you the best of luck in the development of this game. A big challenge and a work of art absolutely.
Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2008, 04:16 AM
IceFire IceFire is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Yeah, I know a history.
But in IL-2 it happens on the Hurricane I, but not on a Spitfire, which was my point.
Actually a correction. There is no Spitfire Mark I in IL-2 so therefore no reason to model the problem. The earliest Spitfire in IL-2 is the Mark V which did not suffer any adverse negative G problems that other planes didn't also suffer (no WWII warbird is capable of prolonged negative G).

If there was a Spit Mark I then it should be modeled.
__________________
Find my missions and much more at Mission4Today.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Anton Yudintsev Anton Yudintsev is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Actually a correction. There is no Spitfire Mark I in IL-2 so therefore no reason to model the problem. The earliest Spitfire in IL-2 is the Mark V which did not suffer any adverse negative G problems that other planes didn't also suffer (no WWII warbird is capable of prolonged negative G).

If there was a Spit Mark I then it should be modeled.
Probably you right
I am starting to forget what it was in IL-2 (and it's add-ons).
Another example. Afair, Bf109 (at least some of them) were able to get out of spin only each second turn - it wasn't simulated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:46 AM
VMF-214_HaVoK's Avatar
VMF-214_HaVoK VMF-214_HaVoK is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mt. Union, PA USA
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Actually a correction. There is no Spitfire Mark I in IL-2
My version has one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.