Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 PM
BlackSix BlackSix is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
I have a short question: As the Graphicsengine is improving from patch to patch, I wanted to ask, if you also work on the other parts of the game-engine? On my Rig, the game still uses only 1 core and I have the feelings that performancewise I will soon have other problems than the Graphics.
There are (for example) problems with the radio-command-sounds which cause stutters when getting loaded the frist....

So the question is: Are you still working on the other parts of the engine?
Yes, we're working. There are a lot of problems and quite possible you will be able to see result only in the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Without going into great detail (unless you want to ) will the RC version include fixes for a number of issues and bugs you have been collecting data for as well as the fixes for the graphics engine?
Waiting for the Readme, please. I have no info, I'm not working on CloD now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold10 View Post
Are there any news pictures timelines today? We all do need a perspective...
No. We have nothing to show today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
From B6: "If the public testing won't show serious bugs".

To me this implies that the RC will be released for public(community flyers) testing before it becomes an official Steam patch.
Yes, RC will be released for public testing.

Last edited by BlackSix; 08-31-2012 at 02:55 PM.
  #2  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
badfinger badfinger is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 322
Default

"I have no info, I'm not working on CloD now."

Shouldn't the person communicating with us CloD users BE working on CloD? Not that B6 hasn't done all he could, so no disrespect intended.

binky9
__________________
Win10 64 bit
1T Hard Drive
ASUS P67 motherboard
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
  #3  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
ATAG_Doc ATAG_Doc is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A brothel in the Mekong Delta
Posts: 1,546
Default

BlackSix

I am hoping the netcode is going to get fixed when the sequel is released. It is very buggy and not very efficient at all.
  #4  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM
smink1701 smink1701 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
BlackSix

I am hoping the netcode is going to get fixed when the sequel is released. It is very buggy and not very efficient at all.
OK...what's a netcode and how does it differ from some of the other core compenents of the game like the graphics engine?
  #5  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Troll2k Troll2k is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 722
Default

I think B6 wears two hats.He is a mission creator and community liaison.

I believe I read there will be no new content, only fixes for Clod it makes sense he is not working on Clod.But he is still the community liaison and does have Ilya's ear.
  #6  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Baron Baron is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
I think B6 wears two hats.He is a mission creator and community liaison.

I believe I read there will be no new content, only fixes for Clod it makes sense he is not working on Clod.But he is still the community liaison and does have Ilya's ear.

There will be no new content and the list of "fixes" needed wont be fully addressed either, until BoM, maby.
  #7  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:07 PM
smink1701 smink1701 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
There will be no new content and the list of "fixes" needed wont be fully addressed either, until BoM, maby.
If they are smart or care about the success of BOM and the future of the IL2 franchise (outside of a small group of hardcore fans who will buy anything), they will use this opportunity to win back the majority of their fan base and future potential customers. Personally, I think most of the smart and really passionate developers left long ago but maybe the next patch will make me a believer again. I sincerely hope so.
  #8  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
ATAG_Doc ATAG_Doc is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A brothel in the Mekong Delta
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
There will be no new content and the list of "fixes" needed wont be fully addressed either, until BoM, maby.
Totally understand that. I am debating on which other software I need to uninstall from my hard drive to make room for the sequel now lol.
  #9  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Chivas Chivas is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

Personally I think this performance patch will also include partial fixes for many of the other issues, but not enough to make COD what it should be. We will have to wait for the Sequel to see most of these issues fixed "If" the development still uses the old business model that merged each Sequel. BUT now we have the official announcement mystery, what business model will they follow, and will it include the merging of each Sequel? They will not answer this question. Its somewhat understandable at the moment, with the yet unfinished game engine, it appears they are not sure if the development will be shut down, continue the old business model, revise it, or completely change it.
__________________
Intel core I7 950 @ 3.8
Asus PT6 Motherboard
6 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
  #10  
Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
philip.ed's Avatar
philip.ed philip.ed is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,766
Default

If the sequel can't be merged, CloD can only be salvaged by the community, and it really will lose 1C a lot of customers.

If the Engine is the same, I can't see any logic in not merging the two. Engine improvements to the sequel would have to affect CloD in order to keep it current.
__________________
Luthier: If not for your guys' criticism and incredibly high standards, we'd never have become what we are. Keep it up!

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.