Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Feathered_IV's Avatar
Feathered_IV Feathered_IV is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,471
Default

Wot, no 1c sponsorship and no six million dollar stipend from Ubisoft? How dare they produce a title independently!
  #2  
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM
ATAG_Bliss ATAG_Bliss is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,156
Default

That looks really good - motion of the ship etc. But I hope they add some ripple effect to the surface of the water. It looks as smooth as glass up top which doesn't look very good or natural.
__________________

ATAG Forums + Stats
  #3  
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Skoshi Tiger Skoshi Tiger is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,197
Default

Is it just me or have they changed the video?

!

I can't remember the reflections or the white water?

Maybe I was in a hurry last time I looked?
  #4  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM
LukeFF's Avatar
LukeFF LukeFF is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riverside, California, USA
Posts: 338
Default

The video hasn't changed.
  #5  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
skouras skouras is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greece-Athens
Posts: 1,171
Default

yeap..
its still the same..
  #6  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
arthursmedley arthursmedley is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: devon, uk
Posts: 326
Default

More waterboarding from the RoF team;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fMh7kG74eOg

and the latest blog update;
http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2...eta-video.aspx

Last edited by arthursmedley; 09-05-2012 at 09:01 PM.
  #7  
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Ze-Jamz Ze-Jamz is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On your six!!
Posts: 2,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
That does look very good
  #8  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM
ATAG_Dutch ATAG_Dutch is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
Wow. That's impressive stuff, particularly if you've seen how a Walrus lands on the water in Cliffs. I'm really looking forward to the Channel Map, if only to make a direct visual comparison.

But here's the weird thing. I really like RoF and have all the planes and most of the upgrades, but I very rarely play the game since the latest patch for Cliffs came out. Even with the terrible mixture control errors and massively overmodelled radiator drag in the RAF planes, Cliffs is still the game I go to first. It's not even because of the era. One of my first books was 'Biggles of 266' where our hero is flying Camels. I still have the book. Dunno, but I agree with Skoshi.

Whatever, the future looks bright for combat flight sims, what with a 'release candidate' in the works and a channel map for RoF.

It's a shame that the only British seaplane currently in the works is the Felixstowe, but maybe one day we'll be launching Sopwith Pups from Battleship Gun Turrets. Excellent prospects.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.