![]() |
|
|||||||
| Technical threads All discussions about technical issues |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Having installed the patch after clearing the Cache I am pleased to say so-far I have not had a single Launcher Crash (I only play offline at the moment).
I tried the recommended setting of 'Medium' but although it may run smoother I found the aircraft looked flat and boring and seeing as this is where I will be spending most of my time I tried a few tweaks to the Graphics. After much fiddling I think I have at-least found my 'sweet spot' which gives me playable frame-rates (only dropping when there is a big explosion) and I have to say it really is nice to start to be able to see the game running consistently. I will be honest though I really, really hate the building 'pop-up' a legacy from the old IL2 (which I though was improved in a previous patch?), so I have dropped the buildings down to low. All-in-all though I feel these are certainly big steps in the right direction and I hope to see more improvements (not only because I will be getting a 670 next-week!) as future patches are made. Worth the wait IMHO. I have seen one graphic bug so-far (texture seem/join on top of nose of Spitfire is see-through), but nothing that makes me think the game is not moving in the right direction. Anyway I am attaching my settings and I am really pleased with thing so-far. Cheers, MP Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 Processor: Intel i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (stock speed) Memory: 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-1600Mhz Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E Graphics: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr (stock speed) CPU Cooling: Thermaltake Frio Cooler Power: thermaltake toughpower 800w 80Plus Silver Case: Antec 900 Track IR 4 with Track IR 5 software Thrustmaster Cougar fully modded with Gimbal and Hall Sensors Simpeds
__________________
Last edited by Mysticpuma; 08-03-2012 at 08:05 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
- SSAO off - Visual Effects medium Also in case FPS sticks to 29-30 or jumps from 30 to 60 and back often try VSYNC off or force triple buffering with a 3rd party utility. I run Land Shading at medium too. This should help those with lower specs or lower FPS. Last edited by Ataros; 08-03-2012 at 09:33 PM. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Works nicely here!
My favourite features are: 1. AI - no longer crazy barrel rolls at unrealistic rate. THeir behaviour is much more believable now. 2. Force Feedback - much much better with my MSFF2. Playable without any editing. Really makes the CLOD FM shine too - I can now definitely see that FM is on a different level to rail planes of IL2. Playing through the original RAF campaign - did about 5 missions on a trot, its addictive. Great stuff! |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well, it's certainly better than the last beta that is for certain, still not up there with the performance of the original performance busting beta though:
__________________
i5 2500k - Asus P8P67Pro - Crucial M4 64GB - 8GB DDR3 - Geforce Ti 560 1GB - Xonar DG - W7 X64 SP1 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|