Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Outlaw Outlaw is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
Yes, I think it makes them nutters and idiots and I do think people who want to collect firearms have personality problems.
An advanced stage bovine spongiform encephalopathy infected 108 year old suffering from alzheimer's has enough cognitive power to determine that the above is a truly asinine statement.

It would be interesting to know your definition of an idiot.

--Outlaw.
  #2  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
arthursmedley arthursmedley is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: devon, uk
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
An advanced stage bovine spongiform encephalopathy infected 108 year old suffering from alzheimer's has enough cognitive power to determine that the above is a truly asinine statement.

It would be interesting to know your definition of an idiot.

--Outlaw.
So, for you Outlaw. Lets recap; we have been invited to consider the personality traits of people with large collections of firearms. As I am lucky enough to live in a society where personal firearms have been largely removed I have affirmed that I do indeed believe these people to be "nutters". So far I have only received personal abuse for this affirmation.
I have then asked why my views are wrong but seem to have received no coherent answer. Wanna try? Remember, I live in a society that is unarmed but to help you one of my definitions of idiot would certainly be someone who owned three hundred firearms.
  #3  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Outlaw Outlaw is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
So, for you Outlaw. Lets recap; we have been invited to consider the personality traits of people with large collections of firearms. As I am lucky enough to live in a society where personal firearms have been largely removed I have affirmed that I do indeed believe these people to be "nutters". So far I have only received personal abuse for this affirmation.
I have then asked why my views are wrong but seem to have received no coherent answer. Wanna try? Remember, I live in a society that is unarmed but to help you one of my definitions of idiot would certainly be someone who owned three hundred firearms.

My bad, I did not realize that your statement applied to citizens of your country only. I'm not making an excuse for my bad but it would have been helpful to be a little more specific though as this discussion has largely been around the ownership of firearms in the US.

I agree that anyone with 300 illegal guns is certainly a, "nutter" and an idiot.



--Outlaw.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.