![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I can confirm, that this procedure had a positive effect on my experience with the stuttering and poor framerate.
I was using Dxtory instead of the Bandicam. With vsync enabled and the fps limited to 40fps, the overall gameplay was smoother, and the stuttering was significantly reduced. Disabling vsync, with the fps limited to 40fps resulted in the usual screen tearing issues. However, the stuttering was still lower than usual and overall, the gameplay performed slightly better than normal. A console command to limit the frames would be optimal. This technique also negates the percieved input lag from controllers when vsync is on. It's not something that's as noticeable in a flight sim, but it's nice to use on twitch shooters like Battlefield 3. There is a pretty good explanation here for anyone interested: http://mystrd.at/v-sync-mouse-lag-how-to-fix-it |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
I used to have a stuttering problem when i was younger.But nobody stutters as good as ol Mel Tillis.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
There is a fps limiter built into the settings of RoF, if this is a sucessful way of dealing woth stutters in CoD perhaps the devs should consider doing likewise.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Need some more input from others to see how it's worked for them. it should make an improvement for everyone because the FPS limiter is implemented in a few fight sims now for micro stuttering problems.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Since Vsync locks the upper framerate to refresh rate of the monitor, I wonder if having it on is why I dont have stutters.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
interesting, how does this work?
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Someone posted this link already, if you read it all it explains everything well. Also explains why it should be used along side Vsync. When you read it you will understand how Vsync only caps the higher rate and it is this fluctuation between higher and lower rates that causes the stutters. Thats why it's best to limit the FPS to around the lowest to use less resources and gain a steady FPS with no spikes. No point having it jump from say 30 to 60 FPS because you get stutter.. Much better to have a constant 30 FPS in all situations. I get between 40 and 60 FPS and I have my FPS limiter set at 39 FPS because that is my lowest FPS.
http://mystrd.at/v-sync-mouse-lag-how-to-fix-it Last edited by PotNoodles; 05-08-2012 at 06:28 PM. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Tested the FPS limiter with some pilots of my squadron.
ALL reported reducing stutters. Thx |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I use V-sync the same but i get stutters and also I'm running on SSD. |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
As with everything in this patch, it worked one session and then did nothing the next. I even got the full version on bandicam and it still fails to stop my stutters, I think now the first attempt was just placebo.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|