![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I will have another look offline where you can turn off the cockpit and get a higher reaching boost guage. I was basing that on flying in ATAG MP in the II and pulling the cutout, the engine was making the odd distressed noise I considered the devs use to signal predetonation at around +7psi, so I assumed 87 octane but I will recheck. Would be interesting if the II modelled a modified boost cutout system but where a confused erk but in 87 octane limiting the useful boost to +7 psi |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
when using the boost cut out with the spit II adjust the fuel mix, and the engine runs fine. Have no idea if that is historical, but thats how it is in game.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Any idea of how 1) how much total boost can you get this way and 2) how much boost can you get with a healthy sounding engine? If 2) is > +7psi you are correct, 100 octane is in the tank. Edit: In the end Spit II can happily function at +9psi and so is 100 octane Last edited by camber; 04-27-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Correction |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
i remember having read on these very forums, that +12 boost was cleared only in conjunction with weak mixture. however ingame i could use boost cut-out for ages whilst having rich mixture (below 3000ft).
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|