Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Thee_oddball Thee_oddball is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 812
Default

there's a chance(if that plane is from the 260th) that that plane we are looking at might have been shot down by a legend... Hans-Joachim Marseille

Opponents were Kittyhawks I from No. 260 Squadron RAF and Tomahawks IIB from No. 2 Squadron SAAF and No. 4 Squadron SAAF. These units had the following losses in this engagement: three Tomahawks and one Kittyhawk missing (one pilot later returned wounded), two Kittyhawks and two Tomahawks crash landed after aerial combat, and one heavily damaged and one lightly damaged Kittyhawk. On the German side I.JG 27 reported five P-40s, II./JG 27 three P-40s shot down. The combat reports indicate that Marseille's opponents were Kittyhawks from No. 260 Squadron RAF. His opponents were Squadron Leader Hanbury who crash landed and Sergeant Wareham who was killed in action.[

there are more 260th pilots listed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Marseille
__________________
Gigabyte Z68
Intel 2500K (@4.3 ghz)212 CM Cooler
8GB Ram
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 04-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 AM
BadAim BadAim is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 984
Default

I only would argue that this aircraft has no apparent battle damage whatsoever, and also that it was found some 200 miles from any known action. (I have a friend in the area) I'd rather suspect that the bloke got lost and ran out of fuel. Of course I admit that I'm only speculating and that the only way we will ever learn the true story is to identify the particular craft.

That said, you definitely have a sharp eye Oddball, I never saw that now quite obvious B on the fuselage.
__________________
I'm pretty much just here for comic relief.
Q6600@3.02 GHz, 4gig DDR2, GTX470, Win7 64bit
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Thee_oddball Thee_oddball is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
I only would argue that this aircraft has no apparent battle damage whatsoever, and also that it was found some 200 miles from any known action. (I have a friend in the area) I'd rather suspect that the bloke got lost and ran out of fuel. Of course I admit that I'm only speculating and that the only way we will ever learn the true story is to identify the particular craft.

That said, you definitely have a sharp eye Oddball, I never saw that now quite obvious B on the fuselage.
not me sir, Mazex saw it
__________________
Gigabyte Z68
Intel 2500K (@4.3 ghz)212 CM Cooler
8GB Ram
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 AM
BadAim BadAim is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
not me sir, Mazex saw it
LOL! I apparently do not have such a sharp eye.
__________________
I'm pretty much just here for comic relief.
Q6600@3.02 GHz, 4gig DDR2, GTX470, Win7 64bit
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 AM
BadAim BadAim is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 984
Default

I went through every photo, but I didn't see anything useful. Of course I don't have a very good track record in this department, so........

Granted, the type is definitely identified, this is for sure a Kittyhawk IA. I've been doing some research, and we can narrow things down a bit, but even if we had a tail number there is no 100% guarantee of the full story
__________________
I'm pretty much just here for comic relief.
Q6600@3.02 GHz, 4gig DDR2, GTX470, Win7 64bit

Last edited by BadAim; 04-25-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Thee_oddball Thee_oddball is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 812
Default

is this the plate with the info we need?


here are the rest of the pics
https://picasaweb.google.com/1146825...eat=directlink

Quote:
The Egyptian government have been informed by the military. The army took only ammunition of the airplane to not hit the wrong hands. At the moment the plane is in the same state as in the movie. there is practically no possibility of the devastation of this plane because it is army complex - patrolled by the army.

The plane was found incidentally - do not do the explorations..

in mid-April, I'll try to go to the place where the plane - it will put more videos.
__________________
Gigabyte Z68
Intel 2500K (@4.3 ghz)212 CM Cooler
8GB Ram
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 04-25-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
KAV KAV is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
is this the plate with the info we need?


here are the rest of the pics
https://picasaweb.google.com/1146825...eat=directlink
Were is that text qoute from in your post ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
carguy_ carguy_ is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: optimist
Posts: 647
Default

Wonderful find! Reminds me of the 109 found in Russia few years ago (complete with pilot remains, 20mm hole in pilot seat).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Sutts Sutts is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Wonderful find! Reminds me of the 109 found in Russia few years ago (complete with pilot remains, 20mm hole in pilot seat).
Don't remember that one carguy. Got any links or piccies please?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Kongo-Otto's Avatar
Kongo-Otto Kongo-Otto is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Augsburg, Germany
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
Don't remember that one carguy. Got any links or piccies please?
Maybe carguy means this one:

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.