Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Anders_And Anders_And is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
That's a bit over kill isn't it? Especially since they said the FPS have been fixed by 50%. I have a Geforce 570GtX and get 25 - 30fps. With the new patch I should get 50 - 60FPS if you get a 50% increase.
From 25-30 FPS to 50-60 FPS is a 100% increase in FPS...
As far as I know, Luthier expected an increase of "ONLY" 50% in FPS and 50% of 25-30 FPS would be ca 12,5-15 FPS more compared to what you have now ... So after the patch you should be looking at 35-45 FPS AT BEST!.. Still significant though!!

Just saying!

Last edited by Anders_And; 04-14-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:22 PM
senseispcc senseispcc is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 598
Default

For what I can judge the SLI for two GeForce gfx580 1.5go ddr5 works without any problem. It is what I have in my PC.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:40 AM
SKUD SKUD is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
For what I can judge the SLI for two GeForce gfx580 1.5go ddr5 works without any problem. It is what I have in my PC.
My GTX590 is two 1.5 GB 580's on one card. It looks like both GPUs are running full bore when viewed in the control tool. Nevertheless, this card is slower in Clod than my single GPU 3 GB GTX580. IN SLI both GPUs are processing the same data so no benefit.
SKUD
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:07 AM
Icarus1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUD View Post
My GTX590 is two 1.5 GB 580's on one card. It looks like both GPUs are running full bore when viewed in the control tool. Nevertheless, this card is slower in Clod than my single GPU 3 GB GTX580. IN SLI both GPUs are processing the same data so no benefit.
SKUD
However, two GTX 580's SLI beat a 590 by 15-20%. It actually has a tough time beating 2 GTX 570's. I believe the GTX 590 is underclocked at about the same as a GTX 480 for heat issues, which is why it is so quiet.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-23.html

Working SLI in CoD would make a fair difference to the 590 because you cannot turn off SLI.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM
SKUD SKUD is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus1 View Post
However, two GTX 580's SLI beat a 590 by 15-20%. It actually has a tough time beating 2 GTX 570's. I believe the GTX 590 is underclocked at about the same as a GTX 480 for heat issues, which is why it is so quiet.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-23.html

Working SLI in CoD would make a fair difference to the 590 because you cannot turn off SLI.
Agreed
I'm not certain whether the clock speed or the memory is the biggest contributor.

Last edited by SKUD; 04-15-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 AM
RickRuski RickRuski is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 462
Default

SKUD,
In Sli you don't double the ram of one card unfortunately, so your 590 (2x580's on one card @ 1.5gb V/ram) shouldn't give 3gb of ram only 1.5gb. The 580 with 3gb therefore is the reason of better performance. We will have to wait and see if the patch is going to address the V/ram issue. I have 2x1gb cards in Sli and both are working to full capacity indicated by my precision tool. I think at the moment V/ram or lack of it is some of the reason that those of us with 1gb are noticing more problems than those with 1.5gb or more. My frame rates are very good but the stutters down low are a pain.
__________________
Rick


Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 PM
SKUD SKUD is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
SKUD,
In Sli you don't double the ram of one card unfortunately, so your 590 (2x580's on one card @ 1.5gb V/ram) shouldn't give 3gb of ram only 1.5gb. The 580 with 3gb therefore is the reason of better performance. We will have to wait and see if the patch is going to address the V/ram issue. I have 2x1gb cards in Sli and both are working to full capacity indicated by my precision tool. I think at the moment V/ram or lack of it is some of the reason that those of us with 1gb are noticing more problems than those with 1.5gb or more. My frame rates are very good but the stutters down low are a pain.
Again agreed.
I believe if my 590 had 6GB (3GB each GPU) and same clock speed as my 580 it would get equal performance. Now the second GPU and the 1.5GB of memory it has is wasted. My precision tool also says both GPUs are going at it full bore. Trouble is I don't think they are splitting the work load, only doubling it. I believe SLI works by splitting the data stream sending half to each GPU and then recombining by interleaving the data after they have processed it. If the software isn't controlling that then both processors get all the data. Someone correct me if my perception is wrong.

Last edited by SKUD; 04-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.