![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
No wolf rider.
OK I took one stick of ramm out, PC booted ok. So I put the other stick in on its on and got loads of errors on start up... So I took the ram back to the shop and they exchanged it. Came home, put the new ramm in with the "good" old one and it BSOD'd before it even booted. Took it out, booted... I think my OS might now be corrupt so I guess I will once again have to format the HD |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Its working like a charm now. New ram and not one problem since!
Thanks to everyone - especially Raggz who decoded the error codes for me! Cheers guys! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Running mem test doesn't always catch bad ram sticks. The best way is to try out the sticks one by one.
__________________
I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling. 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz. Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard. Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard. Corsair HX850 Modular PSU. Win 7 x64 Ultimate TM Warthog HOTAS. TM Cougar MFD's. Saitek Flight Pro pedals. TrackIr 5. Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Memtest is good, but the last time i tried it on an old P4 Northwood chip build it was seeing mem errors that were actually for a CPU cache memory, probably the latest versions of mem test can see past that though. I thought it was his ram though. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|