Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Feathered_IV's Avatar
Feathered_IV Feathered_IV is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,471
Default

Because shooting a speeding aircraft from a fixed position is so easy. I wonder what manner of dumbed down, auto-aim, clown fused shells do you think they will use?

I frikken weep for the future of this series.
  #2  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Volksieg Volksieg is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Berkshire UK
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Because shooting a speeding aircraft from a fixed position is so easy. I wonder what manner of dumbed down, auto-aim, clown fused shells do you think they will use?

I frikken weep for the future of this series.
Surely the suggestion of auto-aim is a bit of a wild assumption? I will say, though, that judging from the state of most computer simulations/games these days, it's not an unfair one mind.

I'd have thought shooting a speeding aircraft from a moving position (ie another aircraft) is much harder.... at least until the aircraft is out of range or exploiting a blind spot. Using AA, at least during ww2, was always a mix of skill and sheer luck.... if that was not so, I feel air combat would have been rejected as a strategy. No point flying a plane whatsoever if, the very minute you come up against AA, you are dead. On that note, I welcome the idea of playable AA.... though I can imagine it to be a somewhat frustrating experience. lol

Last edited by Volksieg; 02-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
  #3  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Insuber Insuber is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 1,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Because shooting a speeding aircraft from a fixed position is so easy. I wonder what manner of dumbed down, auto-aim, clown fused shells do you think they will use?

I frikken weep for the future of this series.
I tend to agree. It's an arcadish, useless feature. Most of the pilots will spend five minutes on it and then go back to flying, maybe on RoF or WoP. Bah!
  #4  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Buchon Buchon is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 437
Default

Not sure about that, Vulchers shot down can be very addictive

Also it makes the target bombing very tough, the true balance to level bombing
  #5  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Stealth_Eagle Stealth_Eagle is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a world alone.
Posts: 147
Default

This is what I humbly think of the alleged uber and easy to use flak. The reason that it is easy for you fighter pilots (I primarily fly pinpoint strike, Jabo, or bombers, not many dedicated fighter flights) is because you guys have mastered the art of leading in the sky but the typical anti aircraft gunner isn't since they don't reactive much training. I think it was during the battle of midway that a Japanese fighter ace took control of a flak gun (he was grumbling on how poor the real crews were) and was successful in shooting down targets but I don't remember where I read that. I really hope we can use the legendary 88mm but it would be a little difficult.
  #6  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Buster_Dee Buster_Dee is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 219
Default

Manning range finder for a battery might be interesting.
  #7  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,128
Default

Yeah I read that too about the pilot kicking a gunner out of an AAA in Saburo Sakai - Samurai
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
  #8  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Feathered_IV's Avatar
Feathered_IV Feathered_IV is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,471
Default

Some spotty albino kid sitting on a bofors gun and blowing the crap out of every friendly aircraft that spawns is something you will have to get used to. Then you'll be wishing you had your vulchers back.
  #9  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

albino????
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
  #10  
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Ploughman Ploughman is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ceinws Escairgeiliog, Cymru
Posts: 334
Default

Who knows?

Wonder what the symbols in the top left of the vid screen are all about?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.