![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm not sure how the sim at the moment renders maps, but it doesn't do the whole map at once- if I press Ctrl F2 to look at enemy aircraft and they are over land it takes a few seconds for the land to change to sea or vice versa, with the area of the map they are in getting rendered to view when selected. As you get a lot better FPS over sea than land I think that it could handle larger maps, but only if optimised enough to render that much buildings and landscape- London isn't as smooth fps-wise as the channel. However I hear some people get good FPS over London on very high end PC's, if thats so then they could probably get good FPS over large maps as it will generally always be the same amount of view distance that is rendered I would guess (less if we get fog etc, though the way smoke effects destroy my fps I'm not sure that would be good at the moment!).
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
__________________
Intel core I7 950 @ 3.8 Asus PT6 Motherboard 6 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600 Asus GTX580 Direct CU II 60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it 500gig HD Dual Boot Samsung 32"LG 120hz MSFF2 Joystick Cougar Throttle Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls Track IR 5 ProClip |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have to admit that I was looking forward to project Galba...Mig's & F-86 Sabre's battling it out!! The mind drools. Also...all of the Asian ground textures (and buildings, ect) would have been a great boon for a modding community, that's interested in the Pacific theater (once the tools are released).
I still hope (dream and fantasize) that somehow, the Chinese (1937) incident and the Spanish Civil war will be offered in some kind of an add-on. I love the variety of aerocraft involved in these theaters. On the one side, you have a rag-tag variety of fighters & bombers that have been imported from around the world. And on the other side you have a determined and organized industrial power that is working to develop a modern air power. If I remember correctly...the Mediterranean theater, was the forums front runner for the next add-on. Granted it was all forum speculation, but it was never presented by the development team as a possible add-on...it was the forum that presented the idea. Anyway...the defense of Moscow will be fun too. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|