![]() |
|
|||||||
| Technical threads All discussions about technical issues |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
A little update to the project.
What you see are the metall parts (aluminium, yeah) for the trimwheels. trimmrad1.JPG I also ordered the wooden rinds on the 19.Dec. but they didn't arrived till now. Must be that X-mas and new year thingy. Since I have a week of holidays now, I try to get further with it. It all depends on when I get my wooden rings, that I can cut the big holes in the frontplate. In the meantime I will do some drawings with open office for everyone who wants to build it. If I have all the plans ready I will post them the same way. Plans for front and back plate are already drawn. PS: Sorry for my laggy updates. PPS: I'm too slow at writing text. I always end up with: "Your session has ended. Please login again." Last edited by Kodoss; 01-02-2012 at 11:39 AM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
As promised, here are the plans.
The drawings are mostly in 1:2 (see right upper side). trimwheel.zip In this zipfile is a PDF (90KB). Side 1-2 are the drawings of the parts. Side 3 is positioning. Side 4 is wiring. The best is you begin with the backside and frontside. Then bend the sideparts and adjust them to front and rear. Bend the other 3 parts and you are mostly done with the housing. The trickier parts are the trimwheels (in my buildup). Other solutions might be considered, if it looks to difficult. PS: by drawing the parts, I realised that I made the elevatorplate to high. I will just bore the rivets out, cut a bit of and rivet it again.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Woahh, 2 months already gone... ok, a little update again.
Thinking about how to attach my wooden rings with my center disk put my a little bit in a problem. I would have had (is this even gramatically correct?! ) to mill the rings 2mm in the inside on 4 positions and to drill the 8 holes in 1 disk with its plates. The problem would have been: how to adjust all parts without a runout. So I came up with another resolution. And it turns out to be even easier to realise. I build 3 new center disks, this time a bit thicker, and bought 12 screws (M3x40mm). In the disks I drilled 5 threads. 4 threads all 90° and 1 thread 45°. PICT0025.JPG The 45° thread goes to the core bore and will be used for securing the disk to the poti. The other 4 threads will hold and adjust the ring to the center through the screws. PICT0027.JPG A little preview how it hopefully looks like. I still have to drill the holes for the ring. First with 3mm, then 5mm for the screwheads. Also clear paint will be put onthe rings. PICT0026.JPG Last edited by Kodoss; 04-29-2012 at 07:09 PM. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Since I had free today, I just worked further on my Trimwheel.
The rings are drilled, and painted twice with clear varnish. In the meantime I drilled the holes in the front and backplate so that I can screw them together instead of riveting. Also I marked where I have to cut my 3 holes for the trimwheels. After the rings have dryed I screwed everything together just to see that the aileron-trim-wheel is a little bit to deep and touches the rudder-trim-wheel. Also it touched the plate which holds the rudder-trim. So I had to do some adjustments. PICT0029.JPG I will later detach the rudder-trim-wheel, lathe the disk a little bit again and mount it 180° turned. So that I can get rid of the 3 spacers. Here's a pic of the backside of the backplate. As you can see the screws are sinked, so that it can be fitted on my 2 Saitek throttle quadrants. I also sinked the screws which are holding the rudder plate. PICT0030.JPG And the last picture of the day. Trimwheels assembled in harmony... PICT0028.JPG Ok, they have a swash of 1 or 2 mm and a runout of 1 mm. But I think it's ok for me. Edit: It also helps to pass the time and calm the mind until the patch is ready. Some others should try it too, instead of .... You know what I mean. Last edited by Kodoss; 04-30-2012 at 05:12 PM. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Crazy looking, but nice work! ~s!
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Today I tried to finish the front plate.
I took my little helper (which you can see below of my trimwheel) and made 2 little cuts for each trimwheel. After that I used a saw to deepen it. Then again with the dremel( ok, it not a real dremel ) cuting the strips out. After 4 hours of work, it still needs some adjustments so that I can turn the wheels without touching the housing with the rings. Also it was a good idea from me to screw the rudder-plate on the back-housing. Because to fit everything together I had to screw it of first. Putting all parts together ( wiring, switches, trimwheels, housing) will become the toughest thing... I also attached the side parts for checking, but they aren't drilled now for final assembly. The hole for the USB-cable is also missing. Enough of words! Pics, pics, pics!!! ![]() PICT0031.JPG PICT0036.JPG PICT0035.JPG |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
!!Update!!
The frontplate fits now with the trimwheels. I also put the switches and buttons in it for checking. The only metal work that remains are the side-parts. Fixing them, drilling holes, cutting threat in them. The usual stuff. PICT0037.JPG PICT0041.JPG Left side. PICT0040.JPG Belly of the beast!! PICT0039.JPG Solding will wreck my nerves. But before I have to choose a color and the painting method. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|