Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Tvrdi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So, no new planes for CLOD....in other words a bloody abandoning...
  #2  
Old 12-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Bewolf's Avatar
Bewolf Bewolf is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 745
Default

no new planes I can live with, but having to wait for the addon for some major fixes is indeed a bit of a let down. the BoB scenario still has massive pontential, and though I see why concentrating on the russian market may even be important for the team, it still is a huge waste and a let down of sorts. I will fet the BoM for sure, but I simply do not feel the love for the product like it was with the old IL2.
__________________
Cheers

Last edited by Bewolf; 12-23-2011 at 11:44 PM.
  #3  
Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 PM
CUJO_1970 CUJO_1970 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 20
Default

So...not only is CLOD released unfinished, there are no plans to finish it at all.
__________________
________________
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 Superclocked
4G Patriot Gamer
Corsair 750 Watt PS
Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit
  #4  
Old 12-23-2011, 11:48 PM
adonys adonys is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 850
Default

the usual bla blas, and some worrying news. that's sad

and considering that today, after 9 months of "patches", the current state of the game is pretty much still the same as at the launch back in march, aka disastrous, and with these news.. I don't know what else can be said..

there are a few words in the answers which you guys seem to miss: many "will work on", not "we've worked on" (and finished it) or at least some "we're working on".. which sums up towards zero..
  #5  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Sutts Sutts is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
So, no new planes for CLOD....in other words a bloody abandoning...
Come on Tvrdi, you really are the most negative guy I've seen for quite some time....even more so than Tree perhaps

Firstly, I don't remember any extra planes being promised for this title. I'd say what we have is more than adequate (for now).

CloD is not being abandoned at all. With the new sequel we will immediately have access to ALL the new functionality, objects and aircraft which will no doubt include the flyable Dornier etc. that would be nice to have.

Development is expensive and new funds must come from somewhere. The alternative is a still-born series and no hope for high fidelity WWII air combat for the foreseeable future. I know what I'd rather have.

Please get over this feeling of being wronged. The developers are trying hard to make the best of a bad situation and a successful outcome will benefit us all.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.