Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
trumps trumps is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 221
Default

Reccon, you don't need cannons to get 1pass kills, you only need to be able to shoot straight, and to your convergence! I personally find cannons to be more of a hinderance to my shooting!

Craig
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
ReconNZ ReconNZ is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps View Post
Reccon, you don't need cannons to get 1pass kills, you only need to be able to shoot straight, and to your convergence! I personally find cannons to be more of a hinderance to my shooting!

Craig
Showoff!

I must admit, I scored a pilot kill the other night on a 109, havent done that in ages! Perhaps a more accurate statement from me would have been:

"Average pilots stand a much better chance of 1pass kills in the blue planes"

But hey, again I'm not complaining about it - it's historically accurate and I choose to fly red, I'm just a little jealous that's all!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Hellbender Hellbender is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps View Post
Reccon, you don't need cannons to get 1pass kills, you only need to be able to shoot straight, and to your convergence! I personally find cannons to be more of a hinderance to my shooting!

Craig
The Nose MGs of the 109 are very comfartable for precise shooting at the neuralgic points like on the engine part or the pilot cabine of the airplane in front of you. Especially, when you have a Spitfire in a sharp defensive turn a good leaded MG burst can cripple the engien of it and bring it eventually down. Also when you get very close to the Spit in the turn, you acn also use your cannon and try to anything on the SPit will it is in a sharp turn. While turning it makes a big target with its huge wings (the Spit) and with a hit in the wings , the SPit loses a lots of its lift and becomes an easier target for subsequent attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Osprey's Avatar
Osprey Osprey is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,264
Default

I just read the posting from yesterday and @Doggles, I have to say I'm disappointed in your opening post. I thought you had more about you in sticking the good fight no matter the odds and that you weren't in 109's just because they are better. It's like supporting Man Utd, you pick it because it wins with zero sentiment. The RAF have had it dead tough since release and they just generally get on with it, Klem has been bang on with the vast majority of his points imho.

I managed to get a ride in a SpitII last night and had some success, but both kills were versus 109's on the deck trying to turn fight - I worked with Robo and we did 3 of them in - he flew the Hurricane. The Spit II made no difference, I've nailed just as many in the Spit I because they just played the wrong cards. But more important for me was to actually have a go in it in the server I fly most in - why should I have to go elsewhere? I got one ride before Launcher crash and then it was taken so no biggy.

If you want to be restricting RAF then don't forget that your E3's and E4's also need to go. Read Steinhilpers book, he will tell you that the Luftwaffe were short of them and only 'the Spaniards' took them. Everyone else was on E1's. But on the server the RAF constantly face the E4's in massive numbers with their big cannon and dangerous twin nose MG's but do we constantly bang on about how unfair it is?

Sorry but I find the instant and very overly vocal Luftwhining very annoying. I would like to request that if ATAG feel pressured by the vocalists enough to remove the Spit II then please place serious restriction on the E4's and E3's too - it should be 40-50% E1's.

Last edited by Osprey; 11-30-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM
CaptainDoggles's Avatar
CaptainDoggles CaptainDoggles is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I just read the posting from yesterday and @Doggles, I have to say I'm disappointed in your opening post. I thought you had more about you in sticking the good fight no matter the odds and that you weren't in 109's just because they are better.
Here's my problem: Most of the time when I fly it's late at night, and numbers are low. Even with only 5 Spit 2's, if there are only 10 people in the server then all of the red team will be flying Spit 2s. If the spit 2 pilot sees you, he will win the fight unless you get the kill on the first pass.

So now there's no point in me flying on my favourite server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
then please place serious restriction on the E4's and E3's too - it should be 40-50% E1's.
The E1 has the same performance as the E3 and E4.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 11-30-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Osprey's Avatar
Osprey Osprey is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,264
Default

Interesting, and this underlines just how disappointing the sales in the USA really are. I have hardly noticed any increase in traffic from the time COD went on sale in the USA - where the hell is everyone?

The E-1 Doesn't have the same guns though. Why else do you think that the majority take the E-4?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
JG52Uther's Avatar
JG52Uther JG52Uther is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,358
Default

I think the majority take the E4 for the auto prop pitch. I know I usually do. The E1 is a very good fighter, and has a LOT of ammunition.
Also, IIRC historically JG52 flew E1's through most of the BoB!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Osprey's Avatar
Osprey Osprey is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,264
Default

What really concerns me now is the furore that I predict from a lot of the blue drivers when flight models raise the game of the Spitfire. If it becomes historically correct and so does the 109 and Hurricane then I think we'll see a 109 massacre purely because so many 109 guys are used to diving into fights, bleeding e and escaping through speed and climb. That will end and their behaviour will need to change, but it won't imho.

I will be much more content when I know I can escape a 109 with a steep climbing turn, if he follows then he will stall first, and when he dives away and gains ground as a result.

I also feel that the damage done by 303's to 109's doesn't impact their performance quickly enough. I don't 'do' 109 driving but I've been in many fights where I've made all kinds of leaks and explosions only to see him carry on for numerous minutes with no apparent performance loss. I confess I really need to try this for myself though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.