Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM
BigC208 BigC208 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 252
Default

"Yea there are some other things that will be nice when they are done but in the mean time getting these CTD's ironed out and getting smoother gameplay for the guys with rigs that are modest is a noble area to work on..."

This last paragraph worries me. Scalability so far has been horrible. On my one month old rig the game looks fantastic and it runs like a dream. On my 5 year old, duocrore at 3.4ghz, historic machine it does not run at all over land and barely over sea. If I turn the graphics down to the point where it works it looks like something from the early nineties. No kidding.

I'm now worried that after upgrading and being happy with the game's graphics state they're now going to tune the graphics engine down to the point where the wow factor is gone. We're then left with a slightly upgraded il2 1946 that'll run on most machines. Maybe Oleg's vision is not realisticly achievable on last generations hardware. The only way forward maybe to have a game engine that's scalable enough to keep us all happy or have a cutoff point about a year back. Make Windows 7 64bit and DX11 part of the min requirements. People with older equipment can stay with Il2 1946 untill they move up in a year or two. I know this is harsh and you'll throw a group of less financial able people under the bus. Most sim nuts have at some point in time bought a new rig for a specific piece of software.

One thing is certain. I'll make a copy of the current version before I update to the next.

Thanks for the update. You keep up the good work and I'll keep the faith.

Last edited by BigC208; 11-18-2011 at 02:53 PM.
  #2  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Redroach's Avatar
Redroach Redroach is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwkill View Post
I shouldn't even give this quote the pleasure of being reposted but I could care less about graphics, just like you.... BUT

He has confirmed the CTD's are a direct result of the graphics engine, and I think he is very concerned about performance, I think he said he wants 50% better performance to do things like, weather... Yea there are some other things that will be nice when they are done but in the mean time getting these CTD's ironed out and getting smoother gameplay for the guys with rigs that are modest is a noble area to work on...

Thanks for the info Luthier, good to hear we may have a new beta in a few weeks.
My performance is okay (not marvelous, but okay) and I sure as hell could wait another 3 months for updates in puncto weather. What I can't grasp at all is that radio command fixes just can't be slipped in somewhere up the priority line. It should (*should*... for non-1C companies) consume few resources and could be done relatively quickly.
And I'm quite sure that this is what puts off significant parts of the community - the fact that we've got a "WW2 aircraft simulation" here, not a "WW2 air combat simulation". But anyways, I'm just hitting walls with this... The only thing I'd really like to know is -after all these "graphics issues" are resolved- how many hours will you enjoy flying completely on your own before shelving the game yourself, silently whispering: "Ha! At least I drew those interested in actual gameplay down with me!!11".
  #3  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
jctrnacty jctrnacty is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 29
Default

Thank you , thank you, thank you. I bought COD at the begining, although i was not satisfied, i waited patiently for updates without whining on the forums.

Good luck to the whole team.

I loved il2 so i hope i will love COD too.
  #4  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Continu0 Continu0 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Luzern, Switzerland
Posts: 702
Default

As english is not my naitive language, i want to be sure:

do we get an update next week?
__________________
AMD Penom ll 6x 1055T Processor 2.8 GHz // 8GB Ram // XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition DD (2048 MB Memory DDR5, GPU 1055MHz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
Saitek x52 // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals // Track IR 5
  #5  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Winger Winger is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 543
Default

Thanks for the update. Just those few sentences shorten the time of waiting so much you wont believe it. I am getting more eager on flying CloD again with every little update

Winger
  #6  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Robert's Avatar
Robert Robert is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 717
Default

Congrats and welcome to the new guys! Thanks Luthier.
  #7  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Tvrdi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

our shy hero

Seriously I hope they will (finally) bring a smile on our faces....fingers crossed...
  #8  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,128
Default

Great news thanks Luthier!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
  #9  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Pato Salvaje's Avatar
Pato Salvaje Pato Salvaje is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 123
Default

Thank you for the update Luthier!!
We all are waiting for testing the new features... be sure we help you where we can...
__________________
Phenom II X4 970 3,5 Ghz, Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H, 4GB RAM GSKILL RIP-JAWS 1333, Gigabyte 560Ti OC 1GB, W7 64
  #10  
Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Triggaaar Triggaaar is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 535
Default

Thanks for the update
__________________
i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz - 6 Gig ram @ 1600 - AMD 6970 2 gig
Win 7 64 bit on 1st HDD (7200rpm) - Steam on 2nd HDD (7200rpm)
TrackIR 3 with vector exp - MSFF2 - Native res 1680 x 1050
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.