Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 AM
swiss swiss is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zürich, Swiss Confederation
Posts: 2,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
What I mean by that statement, is JustFlight's pricing does not have to be officially sanctioned by 1c. Note that Steam is not selling it for that price, so it's not like this is an across the board price cut. This could be a way for a single retailer to get the volume up enough for their next price cut (prices are normally set by volume). Or this could be a method to drum up traffic (not just for CoD, but for their other products as well).

In the case of the BidNow sales, obviously, Apple does not sell the iPad 2 for $20.00, and just because 1 website was "selling" them for that, doesn't indicate Apple is going out of business.
If you dont want retailers to sell your product cheap, you shouldn't supply it cheap in the first place. So, whose fault is it? 1Cs.
I also dont think you can really sell masses of Clod, so this is unlikely too.
Cookie? Cookies usually are never sold below cost, on the other hand selling a key, is not like having a gas station where sell the fuel at cost but expect the customer to pick up other things like drinks and snacks to make up for the missing profit. This does work if you sell hardware online but not if you only sell software. It not like you visit their homepage and go like: "Wow, cool Clod for $12! No I'm here, let's buy a copy of footballmanger 2012 too."

The way I see it there a two options:
A: Some retailer preordered(I don't know this business, others work like that, maybe it's bs) too many and can't return them, looking at the price it must be an east European one. Which leads to the next point: Pricing related to buying power in different countries. Sounds fair, but you'll end up with a mess like this. This is software, not a big mac.
B: Sales collapsed, they are giving a super discount to collect at least a few bucks. Worst scenario, it it was true its the end.

My guess(and hope) is A.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM
JG52Uther's Avatar
JG52Uther JG52Uther is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,358
Default

'Just Flight' is more geared toward civilian sims (MS FS etc) and sell some high end sim stuff for cessna's, airliners etc. A combat flight sim is going to make up a tiny percentage of their business, and I doubt they have sold many, so are not that bothered with it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Ataros Ataros is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USSR
Posts: 2,439
Default

Have a look at Origin's Battlefield 3 PC support forums (maybe have to be registered with Origin - it is like a new Steam competitor). This multi-zillion $$$ launch is a complete disaster compared to CloD in terms of performance, crashes (10-20 minutes), user-friendliness, software and even hardware compatibility issues.

This is how PC gaming works nowadays. The next best flightsim after Il-2 will come out on consoles or gamepads in 2021

Last edited by Ataros; 11-04-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Scarecrow Scarecrow is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 66
Default

I've bought every IL2 product since FB all at full price on day of release, I never do this with any other game. If they never got the core functionality up to par i'd be dissapointed in the death of something I love but since there is already a sequel planned I figure we'll get there eventually. I don't care about the money I paid for the CE, just the future of the genre. I don't torture myself anymore by playing the current version i'll wait till the Devs are done.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 AM
tintifaxl tintifaxl is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Have a look at Origin's Battlefield 3 PC support forums (maybe have to be registered with Origin - it is like a new Steam competitor). This multi-zillion $$$ launch is a complete disaster compared to CloD in terms of performance, crashes (10-20 minutes), user-friendliness, software and even hardware compatibility issues.
This is not my experience with BF3 which works very well and stable on my system and some 15 clan members I play with every evening since launch.
There were no complaints about performance or stability. The only crashes I had occurred while launching the game. Never a CTD/Blue Screen while playing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.