Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
TomcatViP TomcatViP is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
That patch is horrible. I am sry to say so but I wonder what the guys have done up here in Russia. But certainly we ain't not want Il2 1946 back (Auto rad oil flap ?!!!).

With so many bugs in a new release I hve only one comment : Bill Gate get out of Luthier's body !
I hve to say that after a syst restart the game ran well without a single CTD in 5 hours.

Regarding the colors I don't like them either. I know that everybody has his own opinion but now I feel like flying in a Marvel comics book.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Insuber Insuber is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 1,406
Default

I did a clean install and let Steam restore to the latest official patch, then copied the patch 2 and the hotfix. No crashes after a couple of online flights (approx 1 h overall). All maxed out/on, except for the anti-epilepsy (the reinstall restored the epilepsy on, dunno why). Smooth flight as before the patch, and better overall lighting/colors. I agree that the 109 cockpit looks too contrasted.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 PM
ingsoc84 ingsoc84 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Default

I like the colors and sound, I like the fact that the interior and outside doesn't look like Im in a perpetual haze..just my opinion..to each his/her own....in the end...we will get what we get, and hopefully different individuals will be able to do various environment mods like SH5, if this is possible with this game...dont see why not, but Im not a programmer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 AM
ingsoc84 ingsoc84 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
I did a clean install and let Steam restore to the latest official patch, then copied the patch 2 and the hotfix. No crashes after a couple of online flights (approx 1 h overall). All maxed out/on, except for the anti-epilepsy (the reinstall restored the epilepsy on, dunno why). Smooth flight as before the patch, and better overall lighting/colors. I agree that the 109 cockpit looks too contrasted.
Insuber..are you really running a 550 psu with your cared and cpu? any problems? I have an 850, and thinking of buying your card..thought I might even need more power..thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Insuber Insuber is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 1,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Insuber..are you really running a 550 psu with your cared and cpu? any problems? I have an 850, and thinking of buying your card..thought I might even need more power..thanks
Yeah ingsoc no problem at all, provided that it's a good brand unit. And mine is a 2 years old psu. Before upgrading the psu I decided to give mine a try, and so far so good. Did the prime95 stress tests and all ...

If you listen at psu manufacturers, you'd need a 1 GW PSU ... lol.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM
ingsoc84 ingsoc84 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Yeah ingsoc no problem at all, provided that it's a good brand unit. And mine is a 2 years old psu. Before upgrading the psu I decided to give mine a try, and so far so good. Did the prime95 stress tests and all ...

If you listen at psu manufacturers, you'd need a 1 GW PSU ... lol.

Thanks for the heads up..appreciate it much!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 AM
katdogfizzow katdogfizzow is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 297
Default

I just tried this latest beta guys...wtg. I was a little apprehensive with all the haters in this thread complaining, but the game is looking really good. The colors are really looking awesome. Just about perfect on my end

Also, anybody complaining about the cockpits is out of their f'ing minds

109 flyby sounds are EPIC!

My video test is here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...postcount=1259

Last edited by katdogfizzow; 10-10-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Smokeynz Smokeynz is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Default

Colours look better in this update patched version.
Contrast is better.
Haze is better, can see aircraft at distance now.

I would suggest lowering the haze a tad more or have levels like like cloud assignable in FMB. Sometimes there is little haze, or moisture from humidity, other times there is alot. Part of weather and should be tunable.

I would suggest taking a little Red out of the dark grey, a click or two. The darker dash board (109) can look a little red. Unless this is correct of course, depends if the dash wasn't pure grey or not.
Maybe the dash lights are bleeding through the intire dashboard, so maybe check that.

I see the "red out" bug, some areas are full black, possibly linked to a particular colour or shading.

A bug (I have had this from default) where I lose USB controls periodically, the usb connections drop from time to time.(I hear the windows system disconnect sound as per unplug) This only happens in CLOD, so that is the isolation.
I have tried powered usb hubs etc, but same effect.
Typically I lose an older style USB to RS232 which drives my rudder.
I also periodically lose my TIR3, (plus TIRclip for 6DOF)
If I refly in an online run server I can obtain the controls back.


I note my comments about colour and contrast are from a fully calibrated system. I run a Video calibration service for high end video and calibrate PC's aswell.
Others who comment about colours, contrast should calibrate their monitors and video systems before commenting about colour or contrast.
The built in windows system is not good enough, it requires software and measurement device.

Dell T1500
Win7 x64
8gb ram
Nvidia 460
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.