Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Would you like to be informed in a regular and effective way on the patch progress?
Yes, please. 213 85.89%
No, thank you. 27 10.89%
I'm not sure. 8 3.23%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Blackdog_kt Blackdog_kt is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Blackdog, I always get kinda scared by the length of your posts, but I generally agree with with you, you always come out as a well balanced member. Let me explain what I meant with this poll, cos I believe there's a lot of second guessing and misunderstanding of my purpose:



I don't think there's a need to change the roadmap, all I'm saying is that an update of the work status towards the next patch would be very appreciated, cos it puts us in a perspective of knowing what's happening.

Again, as a customer and a fan of one of the (potentially) best sims on the market, I feel that, because of the relentless support, help and investment (I personally bought two copies of every single game released by the guys, publicised their work and ran the first Italian community website back in the times when the first IL-2 came out) that we made in Maddox Games, the least that we could receive is the same treatment we received over the past years, with constant feedback, updates and interaction. Yes, there have been dark times and bright ones, but the result (IL-2 1946) was a gem of rare beauty.

The air is different now, the screwing up that came with the poor distributor managing (and here I curse you, Ubisoft!), brought us to a release of a half finished game. I'm sure that the guys made a miracle in terms of logistic and programming work, but the sad reality is that they were forced to sell an alpha for a complete game. We were ready to put up with it too, but 5 months along the line, and after years of "family work", the last thing I accept is to see a new development manager behaving in a bit of an unprofessional manner, using sarcasm when really uncalled for and giving less and less updates, until the embarrassing silence of the last weeks, broken only by a very poor stunt that is only buying him time. And again, it's not the action per se, it's the fact that he thinks he can pull such a number to the "old school" members that really leaves me disappointed.



this is just speculation, and I'd be the first to corner the real trolls that come here and look for some trouble whenever Luthier posts a genuine update that is respectful to the community.



I think the magic of the poll is that once you vote you can explain why you did it. Like I said to Robert, any opinion is valid, as long as there's polite, civil and intelligent conversation coming with it. I have no mercy or sympathy for trolls or agitators, my flaw is that I get to their level, but I can't help it.

I hope you will consider my words and maybe understand that mine is a genuine call to see how many people would like to be updated on this long, unusual and somehow worrying silence.
Fain enough. We all get dragged into the mud pit from time to time (i guess today is my day for it ), so thanks for explaining it in a more level headed manner
  #2  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Chivas Chivas is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

I don't need regular updates, certainly not weekly updates, as there is seldom enough done in a week worth commenting on. A update every two or three weeks when there is something of substance would be just fine.
__________________
Intel core I7 950 @ 3.8
Asus PT6 Motherboard
6 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Tree_UK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I don't need regular updates, certainly not weekly updates, as there is seldom enough done in a week worth commenting on. A update every two or three weeks when there is something of substance would be just fine.
thats good for you mate, but your in a very small minority, look above at the poll results.
  #4  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Chivas Chivas is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
thats good for you mate, but your in a very small minority, look above at the poll results.
The available answers in this Poll could only generate that outcome. Of course everyone would like regular updates, and would probably like them every Friday, but it would be impossible for the developers to have enough done in a week, to make a weekly update worthwhile.

The weekly updates later in the first Il-2 series only worked because the sim was finished long before it was released. They could drip feed us weekly info that was already accomplished, while they developed the demo.
__________________
Intel core I7 950 @ 3.8
Asus PT6 Motherboard
6 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
  #5  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:52 AM
FFCW_Urizen's Avatar
FFCW_Urizen FFCW_Urizen is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 297
Default

Do i want a regular update on what´s going on? Yes.
Do i need weekly updates? Definitely not!
I´d say once a month is more than sufficient, but that´s just for me.

And btw, why is almost everyone assuming that regular equals weekly?

So Long
Uri
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
  #6  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Kikuchiyo Kikuchiyo is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 256
Default

I have a few issues with this poll, a) misleading name (should be update satisfaction), b) like too many polls it's either not inclusive enough or biased.

I would like more info in the updates we get, but I don't need a weekly update. I see where things have come vs where they started and for me I am very satisfied with the progress made. I wish it were in better shape, and yes I'd like more information from the team than we've seen in awhile, but this poll is disingenuous.

I think we all want more info of what is going on, but I'd rather progress continue to be made than capitulation to the community which lets all be honest was at least a factor in the disastrous product we ended up with. Myself included. Ultimately yes the devs chose niggling issues of the community over major issues with the game, but we are not fully without blame.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.