![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
the clan/party type idea is good if the game is busy enough or else it will end up unfair for other players if it goes the same way as the current BOP, you will have an elite squd picking off "average" players, if that happens people will leave/quit games or stop playin altogether, you can get away with that kind of structure on FPS games Ie cod, Bc2 ect ect as there are over 300,000 online plus at times. the ability to kick players if you're the host is also a grat idea imo Im not overly a fan of pacific games as i find the scenery gets a tad tedious, but there is no doubt there were some massive battles ect ect so im not ignorant that way. but it would be interesting .................. just to get another game Last edited by scottyvt4; 04-05-2011 at 01:21 PM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Another nice touch would be left and right brakes and folding wings, it would make taxiing easier, and when I get bored of getting shot down, I can fold the wings and drive a ridiculously powerful tricycle up and down the runways!
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Pacific would be nice - no problem to make a HUGE map, probably even to scale. Imagine the immersion...
MAC |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Not sure if being able to kick players is a good idea although it would be nice to boot some people I think it would turn into he's better then me so I'll just boot him making it hard for most of us on here to find games with anyone but each other
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
For the sim side of things I'm dreaming of missions with carrier take offs, navigate to the objective, complete the objective then navigate yourself back to the carrier and land.
I would absolutely love a pacific theater game but along with that I don't think that it is to hard to imagine that the scenery for some missions will be very repetitive. To make carrier take offs and landings a feasible part of the game and keep non combat time flying interesting I think adding some kind of map interface, in replacement to the map "radar", where you have to keep track of your position by paying attention to your speed and heading would be amazing and add an incredible level of immersion. Think of how satisfying navigating your bullet riddled wildcat or hell diver back to the moving carrier would be after destroying a flight of zeros or dive bombing an enemy carrier while in a race against having to ditch or bail out. Of course this is all predicated on having missions with take off and landing to begin with. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Most sim games I play in il2 are against people on this forum that play fair anyway, so getting kicked probably wouldn't be an issue. If they do allow kicking, I can see the unfair kickers getting a reputation, and they'll probably find themselves in empty skies, just like those who play unfairly in the current game.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
another idea ............. again bit of a cod thing is when searchin fo a game you could join a lobby providing there was space for you, i find myself just missing games and having to wait either 20 - 30mins and by that time im bored and have put another game in |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Are you guys really complaining about the sceanery being boating for a pacific game? It's a air combat game who gives a damn what the ground looks like never once have I flown around looking at the landscaping lol I look in the sky for people to kill give me pacific planes, hoards of zeros to shoot down and carrier battles and I wouldn't care if the scenery was the dark side of the moon and as for s north African game really ? That would be great scenery trade blue ocean for brown desert lol
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|