Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
MACADEMIC MACADEMIC is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
Ok guys have a read and let me know what you think and how you feel about this?

Put simply...
  • *


Problem:

This forum isn't very active or populated, there are a few die hards and regulars, but we don't see much of an influx of new people. And the fact is, Squads, and multiplayer games, depend on an influx of people, because a reliable fan base is what keeps games alive.

What we need:

Primarily we need to quit the in-fighting and the flame wars. There is so much fun, interesting, and educational content on these forums, be it "Guess this plane", be it a story about the last pitched battle on British soil, or even it just be "Have you seen this new book / film etc. etc. The majority of people here are mature, friendly, and welcoming. But I don't think anyone could have not noticed the fact that only a few die-hards remain and we have a few casuals, but really, I think we can all agree everyone would benefit with some new members.

Solution:

How about this? A few of us get together, make a couple of images of Birds of Prey, with links to this forum, with a nice concise advertising message, that basically says. Here we are, if you like these sort of games, or if you haven't heard of Birds of Prey, this is where we are, we think you'll like it, come have a chat and a game with us.

Then we go out with this set script and hit as many different (yet relevant) forums as we can? The official PS3 forums, any flight sim games forums we can find, be it Flight Sim X, or even IL-2 PC forums, it doesn't have to be aggressive or desperate, just something that says "we exist, and you may enjoy this"

And I'm not talking about Spamming other people's forums, I'm talking about[/LIST]1 Thread, by 1 person, at each site, not 20 of us descending upon one forum and filling their front page, that will just breed resentment, get alot of people banned from places, and not do us any favors.

  • *


So what do you all think? Because I don't know about you, but I'd like to see some Squadrons, I'd like to see Wingmen / Wingwomen. I'd like this to be the hive of activity this was a year ago (again with less flame-wars)

So let's hear it, anyone interested?
Perhaps it's just the time of the year that the forum is going a bit slow at the moment. The game sits deep with many. They come back after a time of absence to rediscover its fascination.

Wouldn't you rather play with a few enthusiasts than a myriad of windowshoppers?

MAC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
bobbysocks's Avatar
bobbysocks bobbysocks is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default

one of the things i do when i play and meet new players is to invite them to the forum. they may be just lurking here but at least there are a few here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 PM
House MD 221B House MD 221B is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 478
Default

Fair enough guys, points taken.

As for would I rather play with a few enthusiasts rather than a myriad of windowshoppers? Its not really a choice, I'd LOVE to play with a few enthusiasts, that's great, but would i mind a myriad of windowshoppers? no, not at all, if even a few stay and become firm flyers, thats a few more firm flyers we didn't have before. Then the windowshoppers will leave and we'll have more enthusiasts, rather than just a few. I don't see why thats a bad thing.

But if no-ones wants to go ahead with this that's fine, like I said I was gauging opinion.


And I agree Pope, this is a remarkably forgiving forum. but thats part of its charm, its a community not just a Birds of Pray fact finding library. But surly it has to be allowed to zombie along Thats why I suggest an attempted resurrection, maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

But thanks guys I appreciate and value your inputs and opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
MACADEMIC MACADEMIC is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
Fair enough guys, points taken.

As for would I rather play with a few enthusiasts rather than a myriad of windowshoppers? Its not really a choice, I'd LOVE to play with a few enthusiasts, that's great, but would i mind a myriad of windowshoppers? no, not at all, if even a few stay and become firm flyers, thats a few more firm flyers we didn't have before. Then the windowshoppers will leave and we'll have more enthusiasts, rather than just a few. I don't see why thats a bad thing.

But if no-ones wants to go ahead with this that's fine, like I said I was gauging opinion.


And I agree Pope, this is a remarkably forgiving forum. but thats part of its charm, its a community not just a Birds of Pray fact finding library. But surly it has to be allowed to zombie along Thats why I suggest an attempted resurrection, maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

But thanks guys I appreciate and value your inputs and opinions.
Just to clarify: of course I don't mind newcomers and always welcome them - we all were at one point. So I appreciate your initiative. Just wanted to point out the bright side that this is not a game for the masses and it's very nice to play with true enthusiasts.

MAC
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
House MD 221B House MD 221B is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 478
Default

fair enough mac thats cool I understand.

And thanks Gilly, Which Squad are you in? To be honest because of the low numbers around here, my squad might not even get off the ground, so I may look about for other squads. As its always easier to be in one than to manage one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Gilly Gilly is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 30,000ft+
Posts: 996
Default

I'm 101st same as Shadow. Great bunch of guys and girls, deadly pilots and most importantly a fkn good laugh!!!
You'll find us here
http://skullbreaker.spruz.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:37 PM
oO Haggard Oo oO Haggard Oo is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: n.ireland
Posts: 4
Smile

House MD 221B you got it in 1 mate. network network network.advertise like mad.bring them all in.altho im back on il2 1946.and that was/is because they where advertising.join the fighting irish squadron. new recruit's alway's welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
FOZ_1983 FOZ_1983 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blackpool, England
Posts: 1,997
Default

Its a good forum as it is i find. The guys that have stuck around have all helped each other out at some point and everyone gets along. Its a nice place to be. Granted the odd bad apple and their B17 turns up, but they dont last to long against the collective.

The bst forum online by far i think
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
McQ59 McQ59 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ZoooooM!
Posts: 691
Default

Hi House. Nice to see you are entusiastic about this game, and have a few ideas to spread the gospel. I have played BoP since release - with a few short breaks. I guess I will come back to the console as long as it is a few friends on, but I guess it will be some breaks in the future too. I don't mind the few nutcases and occasional nervous breakdowns we witness on forum or online from time 2 time. It will allways be like that when human feelings are involved - and BoP is no exception. It is the time of year, workload, children that need attention, random women and back&neck-issues that sometimes kick in, that keeps me from my PS3.

I'll be flying on til I drop I think. As Gilly puts it... We are a bunch of good mates that like to fly and have fun, and we will keep on "marketing" the game for potential new players along the way. I think one possible way to recruit new pilots is to lure'em in to the forum - and be a good host when we play. I think it is importent to ex leave new players a good slack, and don't go for a cheap and easy kill just because we can when we see they struggle to keep up in missions. Especially in sim. I just remember too well my first mission a year ago...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:16 PM
dkwookie dkwookie is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 978
Default

I took a break from the forums for a couple weeks. Got annoyed at the sim bias that goes on. Not the bias as such but the assumption that unless you play sim its not worth discussing.
Anyway thats the past. Not sure how to reinvigorate the forum to be honest. There were some bad arguments that soured it for a lot of players and its probably in cooling mode at the moment. I got a bit fed up with the game too to be honest. Regular players all moved to Sim and the newer arcade players were playing cheap tactics I thought I had seen the back of. Played first matches for a while today with Paralax and it was a blast.
Worth advertising, I will mention it to any new players I meet online. There seems to be a steady stream of new players on PS3 which is good for the game and also for the forum if they want to come here to discuss.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.