![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I agree with you guys; if the BoP wasn't such a gaping 'miss' (even after the pathetic PS3 patch attempt) & boasted all the content & peripheral support that WoP has, I prob wouldn't have even looked at looked at the pc equivalent but the cold, harsh reality is that Wings of Prey is so much more superior in every way. After buying this title on 360, PS3 & now PC, almost 90 quid later (exc. the PS3 hotas & 360 aviator I bought), I'm finally enjoying this IL-2 wanabe. It's not just BoP/WoP. Take Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Pathetic on console, with about 8 hours gameplay & little else apart from the premium DLC & very limited multiplay; PC version in comparison, the same DLC at no charge, full mission editor giving unlimited longevity & playability & more. Even the old gen Op Flashpoint saw the original xbox get the mission editor. There needs to be a realisation here; that a competent, immersive, involving, unbroken & realistic yet fun flight sim can be done for console. TAITO's OVER G FIGHTERS will always be proof to that. Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 01-03-2010 at 07:15 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yep. I know what you mean. It does rather feel that some of us have thrown a stack of money at the title.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I suppose the only hope for us console gamers is that the sequel won't be broken.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
*Please lord*
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Excellent vid as always Hawk. Those German cockpits make me want to cry You and I didn't exactly get off on the good foot in the beginning, but I realize now you and I are more alike than I thought. Your love of aviation really comes through in these vids, and in the end that's what it's all about (at least for me). You are one of my favorite contributors on here |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Oh my Mr Hawk, that was epic! Took my breath away
Truly Fantastic! Bravo, Encore |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
LOL. The likes of yourself, FOZ, Juz1, deSode, Infinate States, Seraph, Spitfire23, winny etc, know what you're talking about & you debate like modest, decent ppl with an intelligent passion for their interest & so my continual spoutings of disappointments & opinions was always going to stretch tempers but it's you guys (mentioned above) that will always command respect from me on this forum; you know your stuff & u help others with the knowledge. I've enjoyed making these vids for you guys & I'm so glad when I read that some of you get enjoyment from viewing them too. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks for the video Hawk! Glad to hear other people like the "Channel Patrol" mission as well. My favorite mission too!
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|