![]() |
|
|||||||
| Technical problems and solutions Armored Princess questions and solutions |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've got exactly the same problem.
Downloaded the game from Direct2Drive and after a brief black screen I get a "kb.exe has stopped working" error. Tried running it as an administrator, as well, to no avail. I'm on Win 7. FYI, the Zip file unzipped without a problem so it's doubtful that the file was corrupted during download. Here's some extra information about the error (in case it's useful). Quote:
Last edited by rattaplan; 12-13-2009 at 11:41 AM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm having the same problem, anyone have any idea on how to fix it?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Anything known about this issue yet?
I've tried Direct2Drive technical support but all I got from them was the suggestion to go and ask support from the game developers.. P.S. I've tried the demo and that worked fine for some reason. Last edited by rattaplan; 12-15-2009 at 10:39 AM. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
This issue is forwarded to the devs. I'll post the answer, when I get one.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Guys, please post the size of the KB.exe please.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
The size of my "kb.exe" is 19.022 kb.
Incidentally, I've got some more information that may perhaps prove useful for the devs. As an experiment I just installed the game on one of my older PC's (with WinXP) and the game booted up without a hitch. So it looks like this issue is concentrated to Vista and Win7 only. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
I got an email from D2D asking me to re-download the file making sure I used their downloader and deletig all instanes of the download/installed game off my system. I did so and it now works fine. Corrupt file at either the D2D end or corrupted in the DL process maybe - but interesting that I wasn't the only one. DON'T download the zip file by right-click download, install the D2D downloader and get the file with it (I had to use IE for this, not Firefox) as it auto-extracts the zip as part of the DL process.
I had a quiet giggle over one or two other emails that I got saying that my video card/laptop (6 months old) was too old for the game etc... because the demo and original game play out just fine as do games that have higher resource needs Last edited by Setanta; 12-15-2009 at 04:18 PM. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
My kb.exe size is 19,022 kbs
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|