Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
trk29 trk29 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
No u admin
I think you need a vacation from the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Sandylowlead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I think YOU need a vacation from the forum.
^
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
edal86's Avatar
edal86 edal86 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 618
Default Patch test description

You guys will love this:

* did not noticed screen tearing yet
* control custumization is great (about 5 new options for control setup, option for PC stick (my old logitech extreme3d works lol)
- Every button on the controller can be assigned whatever you want

* Flak is great, you feel the blast, it moves your plane. I got shot down by bullets from a ship, but the flak damaged a Bf 109 that I was chasing, he started smoking.

* no cockpit view for BF 10's or fw 190's
- p-51D-5 cockpit was not fixed (still has p-47)

*P-51 now flies better than the bf 109 (you can really notice this in turns)
* Fw 190 was slightly fixed, I think the p-51 turns a little better, and the gun platform way more stable than fw 190.

* blackouts are good, I have not gotten completely balcked out, but blackouts are there on both cockpit and virtual views (this is good news for me)

* I will try red outs, and machine and cannon separation in a bit.

(any other requests for things that I may check?)

Last edited by edal86; 12-07-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Sandylowlead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
You guys will love this:



*P-51 now flies better than the bf 109 (you can really notice this in turns)
)

QQ the P-51 should be the HANDS down best plane in the game
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
edal86's Avatar
edal86 edal86 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
QQ the P-51 should be the HANDS down best plane in the game
I will try it online right now against a spit, trk29 will fly the spit, I will let you know of the results
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM
irrelevant irrelevant is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 362
Default

man, i wish i was home right now. would love to be playing with you guys...

edit: i really hope the 109/190 cockpits come as DLC in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Sandylowlead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
I will try it online right now against a spit, trk29 will fly the spit, I will let you know of the results
ty
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
edal86's Avatar
edal86 edal86 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 618
Default more patch test info

P-51D vs SpitIX
(p-51 won, but in a turning fight the spit will win by small difference now, the difference can be compared to that of a yak3 vs la5)

Blackouts play an important role (you will notice them a lot, fun fun fun), redouts are less frequent but are there.

Online points 1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -1 point
- crash no kill problem still there but is less frequent

Last edited by edal86; 12-07-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Zatoichi_Sanjuro Zatoichi_Sanjuro is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
P-51D vs SpitIX
(p-51 won, but in a turning fight the spit will win by small difference now, the difference can be compared to that of a yak3 vs la5)

Blackouts play an important role (you will notice them a lot, fun fun fun), redouts are less frequent but are there.

Online points 1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -1 point
- crash no kill problem still there but is less frequent
Yeah, the blackouts and the more frequent heavy breathing make it much more intense.

I've only played on sim so far and the damage/crash=kill doesn't seem to be working. I was downed a few times with shots to my wings and rudder but it didn't register as a kill. Perhaps the affected plane-part has to turn black to count?
I'll try some of the other modes to see if it's more apparent.

(Also, after your first online match is over you're met with a slew of unlocks )
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
SgtPappy SgtPappy is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylowlead View Post
QQ the P-51 should be the HANDS down best plane in the game
Erm, no. Great, yes. But the fact that everyone thinks its the best is complete fooey. Going into that discussion is for another thread.

First off, I'd like to thank the devs for all their hard work and their patience for torture from all of us and the publishers

Anyway, the P-51D was a little better. It feels like the Spitfires are easiest to blackout in, but they feel more unstable... kinda weird since the 109 never seems to go into spin, though WWII pilots found it very unstable.

Something I find very important is that the zoom button will NOT WORK if re-assigned. I assigned it to down on the Dpad, tried square, etc. Nothing works except the default L2. There's also 2 options for zoom as well for some reason. I think the control list lists all the controls in all three modes.

I think that controller setups should be split between sim, realistic, and arcade because there are double options for a bunch of things.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.