![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Cheers for posting that clip edal, brightened up Monday morning no end
Although now I want to watch the whole film - I love Final Countdown. Probably a stupid question guys, but what's "OVT"? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Those are some great films.... but you all seem to have missed out the best Air combat movie ever made - Iron Eagle! The story of a brave "All American" teenager, who steals an F16 and takes on an entire middle eastern country by himself (With a bit of help from Lou Gossett Jnr), just to save his dad... and, it has music by Queen.
The only possible film that can match that is Iron Eagle 3 (thanks for the correction DKwookie), when Lou Gossett Jnr gets together a bunch of WW2 pilots (one Yank, one Brit, A German, and one Japanese) to come out of retirement to fly one last mission... I can't find any youtube clips, but trust me, its awesome (In a cheesy, crap way) In all seriousness though, Battle of Britain and The Blue Max are great movies, with awesome aerial photography. Some of the stuff in Top Gun is also pretty good (shame about the rest of the movie). I'm looking forward to seeing George Lucas's film "Red Tails", about the Tuskogee airmen, but I suspect it will be a CGI filled cheesefest. And speaking of George Lucas............ Last edited by Rhah; 11-30-2009 at 10:50 AM. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
LOL, that was Iron Eagle 3 with the old aces.
Iron Eagle 4 is even worse, he goes into battle with a bunch of teenagers: http://uk.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1610416921/ Quote of the day from that trailer "Its two kids sir" "Shoot them" |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Go to see it in action At 5mins 40 is it does super cobra which is very impressive. Last edited by winny; 11-30-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added link |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
But I see you got taken by surprise by the auto-embedding of YouTube links too lol. I did first time I did it... |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I found someone has a mod for Flight Sim 2004 to fly in the Mig 31 Firefox. Going to give it a try later.
Some youtube footage of it in action: still a sweet looking design over 25 years later |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Battle of Britain
Beware the hun in the sun Nowm dakakakaka You could teach monkeys to fly better than that. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Airwolf FTW! I knew there was another fan out there, and yes Firefox is one of my all time favorites. I remember being a little guy waiting for all that espionage crap to get over with so we could get to the flying. My favorite scene was when the Mig 31 goes screaming over the camera low level over the ocean and twin rooster tails of water shoot up.
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Tora Tora Tora was pretty good, but I have a problem with T-6 Texans painted to look like Zeros. They just don't, and they certainly don't dogfight like Zeros. But since there are so few Japanese warplanes that are still flyable, I guess the movie makers really had little choice.
633 Squadron is another favorite, love those Mossies! Spielberg and Lucas never denied that they got their inspiration from older movies. All their stuff is very "formula", as are most money makers from Hollywood. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|