![]() |
|
|||||||
| IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
No, but they didn't just sit in the sidelines either. They were vitally important as they dictated how aviation progressed in the future
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
This is true for the Me-262, and a lot of later jets were based on it, but does that mean that it has to be in the game, when it only makes it unbalanced? |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
And the Me-262 is accounted for over 500 kills. Since when was I talking exclusively about the Me163?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Against almost 5,000 for the Mustang. Not that impressive.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yeah, I mean lets face it, all those Aces who only got 5 or 6 kills. They ALL suck compared to Erich Hartmann. Man. Every pilot ever sucks, cause he got all those kills.
Just cause another plane did very well doesn't mean another plane didn't. The Wright Brother's plane only flew 200 odd feet, you going to say that had a negligible impact on aviation? |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I repeat, why would a plane be in a game if it has such a negative impact on it, just because it was important for later development? I acknowledge the fact that it had a big impact, but only on development after the war.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
The Blenheim was proven poor pretty quickly, that's still in there. The Po-2 was a trainer and reconnaissance plane, that's in there. The MC202 only fought in Italy! And it was pretty quickly overwhelmed. Why are they all in there? Because they WERE there
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
When I made this thread I didn't realise just how much jet rage there was.
But its a fact that jets were part of WW2, and they did indeed unbalance it, so I dont see why the game makers would ignore such a fact of vital importance. However if you want to cry about balance perhaps we should remove machine guns and assult rifles from WW2 games as they unbalance it and I dont like it?????? As for the ME262 kills, they were introduced much later in the war, most historians agree that had Hilter allowed the 262 to be entered into the war as a fighter, and not held out for a fighter-bomber then things could well have been very, very different. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
oh the Me262 should definitely be in the game. As I believe the Meteor should be. They give the game a link to the modern day an give the player a sense of the incredible advance in technology at that time. It wouldn't be right to have a WWII flight game without jets, thats like denying history. How the game balances them against the other planes is always a problem but it is a problem that must always be solved for a WWII flight sim.
__________________
XBL GT: - Robotic Pope HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|