Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2009, 03:55 PM
TRC Subaru TRC Subaru is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John192 View Post
Have you been drinking Soviet Ace cause this "im so great" BS is not like your usuall posting habbits which i realy enjoy and learn lots from
I bet it was shots of chilled Stoli...

…and it ain’t bragging if you can back it up…

But seriously Ace, unlike the PC version, you will be getting a whole new crowd of “newbie’s” who don’t have a clue to what a WWII fighter is all about. Hell, most weren’t even born until after stealth technology…So I propose, for the good of the game, we help the newcomers understand and enjoy dog fighting so they continue to play BoP, and buy the downloads which will make the game a great success so we will get more planes and there will always be a good group of pilots online to have a challenging and rewarding dogfight with at anytime…and maybe even get those darn German cockpits eventually…

Last edited by TRC Subaru; 09-21-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Ancient Seraph Ancient Seraph is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dutchman in Spain
Posts: 788
Default

The question itself could've been made more into a statement, or advise, but looking at the title of the post he knows what it sounds like .
Still, I have to agree with him a bit, since it's a realistic game, people should do a little bit more research or try-outs before jumping into an airplane. One of the downsides of realistic settings .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
nudger1964 nudger1964 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
The question itself could've been made more into a statement, or advise, but looking at the title of the post he knows what it sounds like .
Still, I have to agree with him a bit, since it's a realistic game, people should do a little bit more research or try-outs before jumping into an airplane. One of the downsides of realistic settings .
with respect, no they shouldnt...everyone has paid their money and they can enjoy it at whatever level they like. If that means they are too easy a target for your enjoyment, well tough titty IMO.
i enjoy it at a recreational level...i really have no inclination to study the aircraft beyond what i find i enjoy to fly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Ancient Seraph Ancient Seraph is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dutchman in Spain
Posts: 788
Default

I'm sorry if I happened to sound arrogant, or whatever you thought it was. I didn't mean people should dive in the books or something, I sure didn't, but at least try out some stuff. No problem if they don't, but at least for me the game is much better when I fly an aircraft that flies like I want it to. If someone wants to fly the P-51 because it's their favorite plane, be my guest, just don't be surprised if you have a hard time killing someone.
As a general advise to those who recently started playing the game, I'd say they should try different aircraft, maybe take a look at the forums, just so you'll find a plane you like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Draakje Draakje is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 25
Default

Currently im sticking to my 109 for the unlocks, the g10 for 40 tdm wins will soon be mine.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2009, 09:05 PM
fuzzychickens fuzzychickens is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Well I do. I mean it's kinda common knowledge to know that the 109 a high altitude fighter, can't do much against a low altitude Yak-3 unless he tries to BnZ, but usually I just get out of their way when that happens.
Which points out the problem with the way the map works in sim mode. It's hardly realistic to always detect an enemy about to bounce you.

The map needs to only give general idea where enemy is on grid - not exact position.

Currently, all advantage is pretty much to turn fighting planes. This leaves 109, 190, p51 and others as pretty pointless in sim or any other mode.

In addition, the 109g6 and K4 are saddled with the extra weight of wing cannons - hardly a common config for those planes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.