Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Default Binoculars?

Hey guys,

What is the role of the binoculars within this game? It's something I've never figured out, and I've been playing since Soldiers.

I understand that in multiplayer it reveals part of the map, but what about in singleplayer in which you can see the enemy at all times anyway? I'm playing the mission where you have to capture the lighthouse (Second campaign) and one character says he can call in artillery from the nearby battleship - I assume you use the binoculars for this, but I can't get that to work. What do I need to do?

Oh, also: What does "Call for Ally" (F9) do? Never been able to figure that one either.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

44 views and nobody ready, willing or able to provide an answer?

That's a little frustrating.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

This is what I noticed, though I'm not absolutely sure.

On one of the night missions, I could see the red dots on the minimap, but it was dark and my soldiers weren't shooting at the enemy. When a flare gun was fired, it lighted up the sky and the soldiers automatically started shooting at the enemy. Presuming because they can now see them.

I noticed when I used an officer and used the bino, the soldiers started shooting again although there was no flare. So I'm presuming that the bino extends your troops visibility. I've also read that its best to place officers at the front to spot for troops.

This is just my observation though. F9? Didn't even know it existed...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
So I'm presuming that the bino extends your troops visibility.
This is what is mentioned in the manual about binoculars.