Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Default Secure Village mission

What's you're strategy on this ?
I managed to secure the trench on the right, but they've got an insane amount of men and artillery, while I've got NO reinforcements. I sneaked a group of 4 men (all that I've left) behind enemy lines and got rid of some of the guns, but there's just too many enemies for me to take care of. The MG42s in the watchtowers are especially annoying.

Thanks in advance,

TJ
Old 02-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

If you can find out a way to get past this mission, let me know! This one is real pain in the arse!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Okay, I finally was able to get past the first part ("Secure Village") of this mission. The way I did it was to sneak two of my men (armed with plenty of AP and AT grenades) up to the Howitzer stationed in front of the church on the upper left side of the map.

I managed to wipe out the crew and the tank there and took control of the Howitzer - which will pretty much flatten all the remaining enemy infantry and armor left.

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx71 View Post
What's you're strategy on this ?
I managed to secure the trench on the right, but they've got an insane amount of men and artillery, while I've got NO reinforcements. I sneaked a group of 4 men (all that I've left) behind enemy lines and got rid of some of the guns, but there's just too many enemies for me to take care of. The MG42s in the watchtowers are especially annoying.

Thanks in advance,

TJ
This is simple. Just take one guy with a anti tank rifle and sneak him by all the troops. Get a good shot lined up (save before you shoot) and use it like a sniper rifle. Troops may come or artillery may turn at you, so get out of there fast. Just repeat this. This is what you do with your infantry.

As for your tanks, you wan't to keep them out of range of artillery and enemy tanks. Use them much like your infantry. Slowly move your tank up, and fire a round at a enemy, move backwards. Repeat this, and you should lose no tanks.

Before you secure the village, make sure you support allied troops. They are the frontline men, they will sometime or another all die and you will be left to fight for yourself.

Capture artillery and enemy vehicles whenever possible. When the village is cleared a convoy will come from the right of the map, so set up artillery, tanks, and troops. To the north posistion one anti tank man and use him when you need to.

Here is what you can expect from the convoy:
Troop transports
Fuel Trucks
Artillery
Tanks

Save very, very often! Reload everytime you lose a single man, miss a shot, or a soldier is wounded. Play on easy difficulty and do everything here. You should win.