Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down Level skip cheat?

Is there a level skip cheat for Red Tide? There are a few rambo-commando-grinding missions I don't care for and want to skip them.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Red Tide is new, so I doubt there will be any trainers, or even walkthroughs yet on the game. I just got the game a few hours ago, and I'm still stuck on the second level.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Is there a level skip cheat for Red Tide?
like you guys, i don't like the timed missions nor the "defend with no tanks this massive enemy tank rush" type missions so i'm way ahead of you. the file/cheat that opened all the missions for MoW was created by a guy over on the DMS forum. i PM-ed him as soon as red tide was released but he's not responded, probably left the forums. there's a guy here who's interested in poking around with the file and he's looking at it now but having some trouble, something to do with the encyclopedia part messing things up.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
like you guys, i don't like the timed missions nor the "defend with no tanks this massive enemy tank rush" type missions so i'm way ahead of you. the file/cheat that opened all the missions for MoW was created by a guy over on the DMS forum. i PM-ed him as soon as red tide was released but he's not responded, probably left the forums. there's a guy here who's interested in poking around with the file and he's looking at it now but having some trouble, something to do with the encyclopedia part messing things up.
Figured it out. Open up your game_progress.set. Change {level x} to {level 10}. That's it. The missions only unlock encyclopedia entries, like you mentioned. Confused me for ages too.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

It takes hours of patience I just found out.
Here is how I see it now:

The Russians are nothing but "rambo-commandos". If you can't handle it, some soldier you are!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

blarhghh,

excellent! thanks, but a question. that unlocks the campaigns, any idea how to reveal all the missions within each campaign? like in MoW, if i didn't like a mission i'd just go around it. any suggestions?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
blarhghh,

excellent! thanks, but a question. that unlocks the campaigns, any idea how to reveal all the missions within each campaign? like in MoW, if i didn't like a mission i'd just go around it. any suggestions?
Yeah, you're right. It's both, as it turns out - the mission entries, combined with the level thing, unlock them. I'll post an unlocked game_progress.set later tonight (it's on the other computer).
Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

@ blarhghh,

i don't quite understand your response. in RED TIDE all the progress_set file is is this:

{game_progress
{level 0}
}

changing level 0 to level 10 unlocks the campaigns but each campaign has multiple missions and those ARE NOT unlocked.

the "cheat" MoW progress_set file is much more complex and has all the missions listed with a {completed} line so when you play the game you can just pick which mission you want without having to complete them in order.

you seem to be saying you have the progress_set file for RED TIDE with the campaigns AND all the missions unlocked? if this is so then
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Sorry for the long delay. Here's the one I use: it unlocks all missions in all campaigns. I don't know if the outro or stats fields are necessary, but they're in there anyway. If you have any problems, let me know.

Code:
{game_progress
	{level 10}
	{missions
		{"single/1/1_1:0"
			{completed}
			{time 0}
		}
		{"single/1/1_2:0"
			{completed}
			{time 0}
		}
		{"single/1/1_3:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\nThe battles of September 22nd were a decisive success for the Red Army. A major part of the Romanian long-range weaponry was destroyed, with some of the guns falling into the hands of the Black Sea Navy. \"These were the guns they fired at Odessa. Never will they do that again!\" - These words were etched into the guns, before the Red Army triumphantly paraded them through the streets of the besieged city."}
			{stat "Enemy losses :<x(135)> 273 Men, 17 Vehicles\nFriendly losses :<x(135)>205 Men, 31 Vehicles"}
			{time 1257472283}
		}
		{"single/2/2_1:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\nThe 3rd Black Sea Naval Regiment, holding positions by the hamlet of Makenzie, was comprised of skilled veterans who had participated in the difficult landing operation. Their skill and battle experience enabled these soldiers to halt the advance of the first-class German infantry, their assault vehicles, and the flying aces of the Luftwaffe. Thanks to the brave actions of the Red Army soldiers, the enemy was unable to reach Severnaya Bay and split the Sevastopol defensive zone. But both the soldiers and their officers knew that they would never be able to make it through another battle like this. The only hope of the besieged Sevastopol was the Theodosian paratroopers, which began making their way to the city that evening."}
			{stat "Enemy losses :<x(135)> 229 Men, 22 Vehicles\nFriendly losses :<x(135)>28 Men, 8 Vehicles"}
			{time 1257473433}
		}
		{"single/2/2_2:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/2/2_3:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/2/2_4:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/2/2_5:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/2/2_6:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/3/3_1:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\nThe 3rd Black Sea Naval Regiment, holding positions by the hamlet of Makenzie, was comprised of skilled veterans who had participated in the difficult landing operation. Their skill and battle experience enabled these soldiers to halt the advance of the first-class German infantry, their assault vehicles, and the flying aces of the Luftwaffe. Thanks to the brave actions of the Red Army soldiers, the enemy was unable to reach Severnaya Bay and split the Sevastopol defensive zone. But both the soldiers and their officers knew that they would never be able to make it through another battle like this. The only hope of the besieged Sevastopol was the Theodosian paratroopers, which began making their way to the city that evening."}
			{stat "Enemy losses :<x(135)> 229 Men, 22 Vehicles\nFriendly losses :<x(135)>28 Men, 8 Vehicles"}
			{time 1257473433}
		}
		{"single/3/3_2:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/3/3_3:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/3/3_4:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/3/3_5:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/3/3_6:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\nThe Italians were well known among the other allies of the Third Reich for their carelessness. Having settled in the resort city of Foros, they behaved as though the front lines were a thousand miles away. But Sevastopol was indeed very close, still uncompromised, and still fighting back. Lieutenant Fedorov's soldiers made the Italians pay a heavy price for their disregard of the danger. The complete destruction of their naval base at Foros made them forget all their plans to attack Red Army positions."}
			{stat "Enemy losses :<x(135)> 83 Men, 12 Vehicles\nFriendly losses :<x(135)>21 Men, 5 Vehicles"}
			{time 1257544917}
		}
		{"single/4/4_1:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\nEven the veterans who had participated in the landing in Theodosia admitted that it was a very difficult battle. Heavy fire from enemy artillery and mortars resulted in severe casualties even before the landing began. The majority of Stuart tanks of the 563rd tank battalion didn't even make it to the shore. But those marines who had landed fought fiercely and stood their ground firmly, maintaining battle formation. And although the bulk of the force failed to land and retreated to the east, several hundred Red Army soldiers and a handful of Stuart tanks nevertheless managed to complete their battle objectives and secure Yuzhnaya Ozereika village."}
			{stat "Enemy losses :<x(135)> 237 Men, 28 Vehicles\nFriendly losses :<x(135)>107 Men, 35 Vehicles"}
			{time 1257490066}
		}
		{"single/4/4_2:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/4/4_3:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/4/4_4:0"
			{completed}
			{time 22}
		}
		{"single/6/6_1:0"
			{completed}
			{time 1257544917}
		}
		{"single/6/6_2:0"
			{completed}
			{time 1257544917}
		}
		{"single/7/7_1:0"
			{completed}
			{time 1257544917}
		}
	}
}
Old 11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

But where do you find these files in your redtide files??