Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down WARNING - NO MP OR Co-op - a disaster!!!

Gee guys,
No warning about the NO MP/co-op and it being single player only? Wow.
So much for being excited and certainly much credit lost in my view.

As it is it is super difficult to even find game publishers stating up-front/OUT-front precisely what their game comprises of. Reviews, if allowed to be called that mostly repeat the media splurge and there are very very few that state MP- yes/no; SP - yes/no; LAN - yes/no; co-op - yes/no
So when a stalwart MP AND Coop company make such sudden unwarned deviations to a known and trusted reputation one cannot help but feel done in.

[PS - NB - i only recently found out about the yonks ago 1996?? SHOWW2 expansion that was apparently also SP only...cannot get any reviews to 100% as yet - looking- but overwhelming comments of "a buggy game, crashes a LOT and shoddy...hmmm...this reeks of the same as we have here today- but in SA that game was never advertised/released. Nowadays with online Games sales it is sooo much better..well, nearly always]

So all you players out there that love the game SP but also treasure the aspect of co-op play on a LAN - BEWARE. MOW-RT has NONE...at all!!

As for the game and single play...actually..who sares,,i am so put off i honestly do NOT feel like ever playing the game...AT ALL.
I feel conned and let down.

And yes, it's my fault of course..trusting and believing in integrity.

If my fellow co-op players hear of a game that is similar to SHOWW2 or FOW/MOW WITH Co-op please let me know. Sems the new stuff is rushed money making...so i'll stick to the traditional.

signed by a sad camper.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

It has been known since they announced it that this was going to be essentially just a new single-player campaign.
If you were somehow unable to grasp that from all the reviews you apparently read, then that's your fault.
Even here on the forums it has been stated a couple of times that is purely a single-player expansion:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9162 - 2 months old..How did you miss that?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=8045&page=2

I am buying it knowing full well that there will be no multiplayer or co-op and i'm sure others will be doing so too.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 10-31-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

I have read somewhere that it has a coop, but dont ask me where it was.

I dont know why it is so difficult to integrate a small mp modus for lan!

And there is another thing that is sucky. You cant use mods too!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

I will agree that they probably could of added co-op or thrown in a couple of MP maps, but for all we know that may of resulted in another few months of waiting, which would probably annoy people more than not being given the other playing modes.

But, you must keep in mind that DMS are also developing their own add-on to the Men of War franchise, Heroes Badge, which will be focusing on expanding multiplayer and co-op. That is also likely to be a reason why Red Tide didn't feature other playing modes.
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums...p?f=109&t=4825
Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

I am happy without MP, SP is the only part of any game I use....
Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

doesn't really matter, since the next expansion from DMS is multiplayer/co-op focused. but going nuts like this over something that's PRETTY READILY APPARENT AND CLEAR is weird.

"As it is it is super difficult to even find game publishers stating up-front/OUT-front precisely what their game comprises of."

Wrong. The feature list has been known for a while, and all the sites selling the expansion have the list like this;

Game features:
- 23 missions - Soviet, German, Romanian and Italian forces
- Six intense historical battles and landing operations during 1941-1945
- Over 100 different military units: tanks, artillery, armored cars, planes (fighters, bombers, transporters), war ships and boats (cruisers, torpedo boats, gunboats)

Which is exactly what's in the game.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Default ...

I dont know why is so dificult to add MP coop
ok btw on steam the game says it have MP but i dont know if have coop
sry my bad english
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

i dont care about MP too much also, if the next expansion is multiplayer/co-op focused.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by persoiranian View Post
i dont care about MP too much also, if the next expansion is multiplayer/co-op focused.
On Steam It says the game have MP
i dont get it...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

weird...confusing..but from the very beginning red tide was only SP not even a word of having MP mode.