Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Question Any new locations & structures in the works?

I'm really enjoying 7.62 with the awesome Blue Sun Mod. I haven't had a single crash yet, and that's saying a lot considering all of the complaints when this title was first released!

7.62 is superior in a number of ways to Brigade E5, but the more I play it, the more I miss aspects of BE5, such as...

...the lack of vertical tactical play. I'm surprised by just how many buildings have second stories that can't be entered, nor do they have roofs that can be accessed. My biggest shock so far is with the churches: their steeples are unenterable!

I wonder if they ran out of development time, because there's plenty of rickety ladders and stacked crates that SHOULD easily allow access to these regions, but don't.

..."railroad tracking" of map designs. BE5's maps allowed for far greater access to physical features. While the "railroad tracking" of 7.62's aren't as bad as a typical level in Half-Life, the tactical options are significantly more limited than what we had in BE5. Perhaps the tracking wouldn't be so annoying if the "fenced off" regions didn't look so easily accessible.

...lack of banking. I was surprised to discover last night that Luna's turning over of his bank account information really resulted in an immediate payment to me. Had the banks been made functional, the receipt of the bank account would've resulted in a potential adventure just to get to a bank to cash it. The number of mission potentialities related to this kind of financial interaction is enormous, so if there's no functional banks these kinds of missions are pointless and thus nonexistent.

And drawing interest on deposits is a nice BE5 feature that I'm really missing now.

Are there any plans to convert some of BE5's maps/structures over to 7.62? Doubtless this would be an ambitious endeavor, but I have no doubts that it would be warmly welcomed by the community.

Just wondering and hoping!