Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 06-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Terroin is coming over tonight, so there's hope ahead for version 1.1 ...
Old 06-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Default crash

thanks a lot for this beautiful mod.
well, i noticed the game crash when i re-sail to Fefne Islands and that happened only after i discovered Fynnen Islands.
i had only three Islands: Bonbong, Fefne, and Fynnen .
i noticed i can sail between Fefne and Fynnen through one icon on the map, is that normal?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstKnight View Post
thanks a lot for this beautiful mod.
well, i noticed the game crash when i re-sail to Fefne Islands and that happened only after i discovered Fynnen Islands.
i had only three Islands: Bonbong, Fefne, and Fynnen .
i noticed i can sail between Fefne and Fynnen through one icon on the map, is that normal?
The crash: Is is impossible to get there now or was it just once it crashed?

The sailing between Fefne and Fynnen: Isn't it a sea portal you use? We added Fynnen Island very late, during the tests, to be an area you get access to thru Fefne Islands.

I'm glad to hear you like it. Version 1.1 is expected late this week.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
The crash: Is is impossible to get there now or was it just once it crashed?

The sailing between Fefne and Fynnen: Isn't it a sea portal you use? We added Fynnen Island very late, during the tests, to be an area you get access to thru Fefne Islands.

I'm glad to hear you like it. Version 1.1 is expected late this week.

it's impossible now to sail from Bonbong to Fefne/Fynnen because the game will crash if i tried to.
no, i meant travel through the map, not through the sea portal .. i think the sail icon has to be not active in Fynnen Islands.
the photo i attached show the map when i'm at Bonbong Islands and you can see the label when i hover the mouse over Fefne, the label say "Fynnen Islands" .
i really appreciate your efforts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kingsbounty 6_13_2017 8_45_19 PM (2).jpg (384.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

I haven't had that bug nor did Terroin. Did you install it correctly, first rename or delete old WoTn directory, then unpack the downloaded Bonfire (never overwrite)? If you installed it correctly, I'll write it down and observe it.

Terroin is coming over Thursdag the 15th and we check the uploaded version 1.1, if there are no problems, it will be released Friday the 16th.

About creature growth: When you get to a new map some creatures may be too easy, but they will quickly increase in strength on that map, getting stronger after each fight to fit your current hero level. We couldn't make it any other way, in the test versions enemy could grow just by clicking on them, and that didn't work. The positive side is that you will have some easy fights the first time you get to a new island, but only a few.

We had a strange bug in our tests of 1.1, it's and old bug we "should" have fixed: Sometimes a big red ball were sometimes shown at places where there could be random things like shrines, egg, scrolls etc. It was rare, we will check that in our tests tomorrow, it has to do with the right placement of certain files. But often 1 or 2 tests are not enough. We hope that will be fixed for 1.1 else it will be a small inconvenience.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Want to tell a little about us:
Terroin is 41 years old, I'm getting 50 later this year. But our minds are "childish", creative. I do some art with stone sculpture and mosaik paintings, and have a hobby with mapmaking/modding. Terroin is very good at getting new ideas for projects. We work very well together, he often bring up ideas, I balance them. And for the last half year or so I also did mapmaking for KingsBounty. We are old friends living 14 km from each other in Aarhus, Denmark. I tell the jokes, he sometimes laugh... I did a lot of campaigns for the Heroes of Might and Magic 4, for instance the "Hundred Years War" which is a historic campaign about the war between England and France. I made it together with an American who did the research and wrote the text. So mapmaking is not new to me.

I was talking about a Bonfire 2 at some point, at the moment we are having some problems with that... so no guarentee... but we keep improving / fixing bugs for Bonfire 1 thru this forum, so keep posting.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

sure, i installed it correctly as you described .
i started a new game and got Skrumpeland as a second Island but then i got Fefne as the third .. i'll avoid Fynnen.
by the way, i'm 53 years old
thanks a lot
Old 06-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

... and I thought I was the oldest playing kings bounty... I guess turn-base games are more calm... that's part of why I like it.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Lol, so I'm a youngster....of 44 in the current company

I too have installed the bonfire mod....and am loving it.

I have a few problems with inaccessable cottages/houses, a bunch of birds on a side Island that I can't talk too. But that's not game-breaking.

I have the same problem with Fynnen (I think, will look it up when I'm at home) : I also crash whenever I try to sail to it from any other Island....and that's a major bummer
Old 06-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

I'm 59 and turn-based games are my favourite, too. I play old favorites and seldom start a completely new game for me. I blame ingame or digital manuals. I miss the time of printed manuals.