Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Moep moep moep

Hello all u killers.

I sign in for simu players now. i guess i`m in the right condition to do that.
My actual psn name is Walter Krupinski and i was flying with Dementia no more cause of it was my training account. lets lose some words for the beginners...

when i go sim first i had a dogfight with gordenembru (now he is still off i guess). i looked the nice landscape and make my first move on the stick in simu. instantly i crashed without anny chance to engage anyone. so he was loughing at me and said what a bad shit i was flying. try again. he gived me the main infos about the rudder sets. i was flying maxed because of arcade. look it works i´m not falling like a stone ^^ so i was starting to change every sets in every way till i got the control for a rookie.
so i control my bfg10 (favorite that time) jea! but spotting an enemie or shoting one down was uncovered. so he shoot me down easiely. he gaved me the second advice. try aviator settings for ur controller. ok i tried out and had to learn everything new about controlling the plane. but that was the springing point to me. after weeks of loosing against him i got the sight control fully in my pocket and i had quite a vew victorys. so next problem was to max out aiming performences. hard work to do but somehow after weeks again it was on my skills too.

then gordenembru was telling me about buing himself an g2 scale rc modell wit fuelengine and the next week i never saw my master again

HEUL SCHLUCHTS ICH VERMISSE IHN IRGENDWIE

he was flewing g2 or f4 like noone else this time.

i was expirienced enough to go on on sim alone with the other sharks in the sky. hm... the g10 wasnt what she did in real. i turned to la 7, bf109f4 and later yak3 and got still some nice combats... cause of the better dogfighting turning rate...

in time i read anything i could find of aviation especally the luftwaffe and i was concerned about the overrated spits that allways take me out.
that was the next challennge to me and now i got the most spitfire pilots in my pocket. NOT ALL! but the spit tells me her secrets and i juse to make it weak. allthough if i would like to fly a spit i crash because its the dumpest airplane in the wourld and its uglier than the teletubbies

and again practice practice practice and again shot downs by spits and mostly russian planes

till i was an called an ace by other aces

its just the love to fly and have all forces under control
the trick is weeks of practice again online and offline.

then u will find out any secrets of the game. the cpu aiming reargunnery that allways kicks u when u are at 0.60km range. the weks of the undefeatable il10. fly under it and distroy the motor from below. try to underfly the reargunner even in loops. its heavy to do. find out that yak is better than la.
getting an ace is a revealfull term. winners make history so the russian proggers overrated everything

one fact is that fokker d9 was a better dogfighter than spitfire in reality°°

but in this game it wouldnt harm a zeppelin

moep moep moep simulator is the best part of the game!

its hard to kill and to learn about ******* hardcore killing mens in thier iron hawkmashins...

and at least.

its a perverse game. u kill peaple ^^

rofl

Last edited by Dementia_Seven; 03-30-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Gooffy question i Know........

Just some advise playing Sim Team Dogfight Guy's.................

When at a distance, like beginning a game, do enemy aircraft show as the dark "dots" far off and my other team players show as almost invisble specs ?

I have a problem homing in on the right Aircraft to aim at....now i am reluctant to shoot until i can see the flashes on the wings and by then....
" where they gone again ? "

Nothing like the First Kill in Sim Team dogfight....to enter the Sim arena and stand in pride you helped the Team to victory..... that roll as you turn down , peel off and try that head on pass...... short burst of the cannons Bbbbrrrrppp up he goes in flames..... Yes...!!!!

Then It sinks in....that was Olife- coming the other way....Oooops I was in his team......Oh the shame of it

" Je dois apprendre à voir avant de me tirer dessus!" ( I must learn to look before I shoot ! )
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

"When at a distance, like beginning a game, do enemy aircraft show as the dark "dots" far off and my other team players show as almost invisble specs ?"

does for me on xbox. they will appear then dissapear as you get closer. you need to use your map feature A LOT in sim. the dots will give you a general direction but wont be dead on...at least that is my exp.

"I have a problem homing in on the right Aircraft to aim at....now i am reluctant to shoot until i can see the flashes on the wings and by then....

that's sim. in real life there were a lot of ac shot down by friendlies. use you map feature...if the dot infront is red shoot, if green announce to you team so you dont get shot.....it gets tough if you see one red and one green close together. then you have to find out if your team mate is the prey or the preditor. it take a time to get the eye for it. being able to work you POV to keep an eye on the EA and getting a feel for what they are going to do next.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

In the 'enemy and friend nearby' situation, its a good idea to point directly at the red dot on the map while viewing the map. That way the enemy should(!) be right in front of you. Once you have visual, dont go into the map again to double check. Most times you'll end up losing the target or worse, going after your comrades!

Plus, make a mental note of who is flying what at the lobby, it helps identify friendlies when you get close in. That way, if you have some aircraft recognition skills, you can tell who's who at a glance, a very important thing when you've got a couple of seconds to decide to fire, or find the REAL enemy.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Smile

I think that seeing the color of the wings of the team you belong to can realize
and differences that team does not belong?
sorry but I have little in SIM mode and would be happy to receive advice of any kind in addition to practice as well you say a greeting
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

moin moin

back again. ^^
Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the advice Guy's.....getting the hang of it..... can spot them earlier now.....but up close.....Im still Toast ...or is Roast..... WildBoar !!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Up close it's all about the elevatorsettings and the BFM for me. I mostly fly full wep. Speed is a key.

Check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_fighter_maneuvers

When not the usual situation is on that is...

Last edited by Colonel Zick; 04-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Some advice Guy's............

Was messing out with JOED70 tonight working out why Lypme Airfield in CTA Sim mode has a secret Spitfire "trip wire" located across the 1900 yrd runway !!! . JOE did finally manage to land with success but not without noticing that after passing a point between the two pillbox's, JOE''s Spitfire cast a black shadow after rolling over a line visible from the air between them, then without warning the prop would sieze and ac crash. !!

Anyway....the question....In Sim using a spit....PS3 pad set to Aviator setting (Layout 3)..... how do you set the "trim"....normal layout is the X button, I find that my Spit will natually climb if trim not set. When landing just as I have her on the deck .....if i concentrate on slowing down she will rise of the deck again ! ......have i missed the obvious ?

WildBoar.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar44 View Post
Just some advise playing Sim Team Dogfight Guy's.................

When at a distance, like beginning a game, do enemy aircraft show as the dark "dots" far off and my other team players show as almost invisble specs ?

I have a problem homing in on the right Aircraft to aim at....now i am reluctant to shoot until i can see the flashes on the wings and by then....

Nothing like the First Kill in Sim Team dogfight....to enter the Sim arena and stand in pride you helped the Team to victory..... that roll as you turn down , peel off and try that head on pass...... short burst of the cannons Bbbbrrrrppp up he goes in flames..... Yes...!!!!

Then It sinks in....that was Olife- coming the other way....Oooops I was in his team......Oh the shame of it

" Je dois apprendre à voir avant de me tirer dessus!" ( I must learn to look before I shoot ! )
no probs my friend,it happen to me too!...and often i must say!!!i feel me very guilty when it happen but it is just a game and it make me laugh a lot when a wingman shoot me because the team kills are always the best : personnaly i need of a lot of bullets to shoot an ennemy but not a lot to kill a wingman!!lol!!

no probs u are a very good pilot and wingman!!