Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Post Men of War: Assault Squad - "CD Key bound to another account"

Just recently reinstalled the game so I could play with a few friends I made recently and after logging into my Gamespy account. It asked me for my CD key, after entering the CD key displayed to me by Steam and pressing "Enter" it then told my that my CD key was bound to another account when the account I'm is the only Gamespy account I have that I can remember creating.

I tried looking in the registry to see if I could find anything and there was no 1C folder, probably since I play the game over Steam rather than retail. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this?

Does this have anything to do with gamespy going down?

Last edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper; 05-08-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

Gamespy powered by gamespy is still in existance and no that means the cd key that you have registered with the game is bound to another account and not the account you are trying to input.

Go to http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/ and on upper right make sure you can login to your account fine and think of any other accounts you may have used, also make sure nickname you are using is the default nickname of your gamespy account.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 05-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Gamespy powered by gamespy is still in existance and no that means the cd key that you have registered with the game is bound to another account and not the account you are trying to input.

Go to http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/ and on upper right make sure you can login to your account fine and think of any other accounts you may have used, also make sure nickname you are using is the default nickname of your gamespy account.
I have tried both my dad's and my accounts and all their associated nicknames and none of them have worked.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

Not sure what to tell you, I have reinstalled and ran the game on few laptops and even have 2 gamespy accounts with which I registered the game and never had any issues as long as I had correct gamespy email and password.

Long ago there used to be an issue that gamespy allowed to have more than 1 nickname on single account and key could of been tied to one but not the other but since a year or so gamespy consolidated to 1 nickname per account so that shouldnt be an issue.

Your only choice would be trying to look up how you could contact gamespy on that page I listed earlier in this thread regarding how to resolve this situation or contact 1C.

Try to think of all possible nicknames you ever used with those gamespy accounts as well.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane