Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Default Missions question

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how can we reliably find missions late game when 90% of them have been completed already? Without actually running from planet to planet asking around a thousand times to get one.

Thx

Last edited by modo; 11-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

No, but late in the game you should not have to be looking for missions. After a few years you should be making most of your money by selling dominator stuff to the science bases.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

Thx, but I bathe in money / exp and anything else late game. The only thing I did not manage is to complete all the missions....obviously, my ocd needs that.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

I prefer to do missions late game there rewards are MUCH bigger, i tend to trade early game
Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

well the best way for me was to liberate a system most of time they have a new mission (specialty rts ones )

and changing difficulty seems to give u harder missions if u chose easy difficulty there is less chance to get harder missions (again its very true for rts one)

another thing you can do is changing day every few days ( i am not sure maybe every month) u get a different mission
well the last thing is liberate different race and try your luck
Old 06-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Thx omegaweapon but I've been there already, I've tested all these options and completing the rts ones is not a problem.
Liberatig systems does indeed free some more missions but the question was for that point where you've done almost all of them (and I mean I'm left with only three assasination missions that I can't get anywhere for 10 years already).
I've even remained on the same planet and let the turns go, checking every two turns for a whole year...no dice.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

then u have only one option your difficulty slider (i assume u want to finish quest collection?) set quest difficulty on impossible and dominator on hard (so they dont get liberated too soon) sorry i dont think there is anyother way

i always played on 50% difficulty (for quest) and rts mission was very easy text mission was very easy (for example in 50% after doing 15 quest i reach pizza text quest) but i currently play on my first 200% difficulty rts missions are hell (its not that the same mission are harder its that u get way harder missions just for the record i break my keyboard in frustration once and i thinked i was very good in rts missions ) and u wont believe it my first and only text mission was pizza contest i didnt have time to do other text quest they was offerd but i didnt accept it

i am not that much experianced player all i say is from what i saw in the game

Last edited by omegaweapon; 06-09-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

actually you make some good points and I'm already at impossible for everything...and even so I make sure new systems are liberated only once I can't find new missions
I have an excel sheet with the game data for each mission (race who offers it, if you have to be a merchant/pirate/warrior to get it, etc etc)
I've done all the missions from the game menu, their not that hard once you do them once or twice

I even contacted some of the russian advanced forum players, I think only the code can answer this one
Anyway, thx for your help...always glad to see there's still a passionate following for this awesome game
Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

eh it seems u know more than me actually most of thing i know is from the russian players too LOL they seems to be the gods of this game

wow some of rts missions are very hard (for example that landing (pride of ...)

and i definitely love to see that data sheet thanx m8
Old 06-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Yes, that Pride of Endoria is badly designed, difficult should not mean a pain in the backside or a clickfest.
I'm not surprised russian players have the lead on this as the game is made by a russian company and they did a superb job.

As for the sheet I can't upload it as it is my native language but I did it based on the info in the eng.dat file and an editor for it I've got a while back.
In Reboot this file is encrypted but i you still have the pre Reboot version you should be able to learn a ton of things about the game mechanics.

Just a sample/teaser below

missions/races cd s def s dis sys def
maloq 2m2p1w4a 1m0p2w4a 1m2p1w4a 0m0p1w4a 4+4+5+16 29
peleng 3m3p2w2a 0m0p0w7a 2m1p2w9a 0m2p2w3a 5+6+6+21 38
human 4m1p1w5a 0m1p2w4a 0m2p2w2a 1m1p1w2a 5+5+6+13 29
fay 3m3p1w4a 0m0p0w7a 1m0p0w5a 1m0p1w5a 5+3+2+21 31
gaal 1m2p2w5a 0m1p1w4a 1m1p0w1a 2m1p2w1a 4+5+5+11 25
13+11+7+20 1+2+5+26 5+6+5+21 4+4+7+15 23+23+24+82
51 34 37 30 152

cd - fedex missions
s def - ship defense ones
s dis - assasinations
sys def - sytem defense

You see there the subtotals and totals for in the form of a+b+c+d where

a - given only for merchants
b - given only for pirates
c - given only for warriors
d - any status

A great addition in Reboot was to actually see these values when you mouseover your status in the rangers ratings screen.

EDIT: This obviously does not include the quests and planetary battles but those are easier to find and document.

Last edited by modo; 06-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.