Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Default Guys - Roffles begin page 2

How is everyone.................. hope all is well with you and you'res

Ive been experiencing some really poor conx issuses where is to the point im going to smash the router into a billion pieces (im with virgin media). If i join games i will no doubt pull the conx down and cause really bad lag, unless its someone with super duper conex witch is not fair on the rest imo, just joining a game for a few mins play would be really frustrating to say the least!!!!

Ive also experiencing problems with my system, since the last game and system updats it freezes loading games and i have to fully reboot it also takes an age to do this and also i feel its running overly hot, so for the mean time its sitting up on its side enar an open window.

Once i get my conx issuse sorted (which with virgin could be the next millieum) i will be back in the skies.............. for those who post regular in here and are on my PSN list can you say to the likes of the Ratman ect im not being rude ignoring game invites its the above thats stopping me accept them

Disgruntled pilot

Last edited by scottyvt4; 08-23-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

I can't help with your internet connection but if you have access to an air compressor, vacuum with an exhaust connection or even a can of compressed air you may be able cool down your console. Blow air into the vents or better yet open up the console and blow out the power supply as well, if you see a lot of dust this could be the problem. Just try to avoid blowing air into the BluRay drive.

StiC
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

hey scotty sounds like some corruption on your ps3s hard drive check this out

watch the video one of the features will fix the corruption i'm sure
Also for extra cooling invest in a laptop cooling stand like this one, i have one and it make a big difference
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cool-Horizon...tp_s2_edpp_url
For extra cooling you will need to change the thermal paste on your ps3s CPU and GPU; the thermal paste is what bleeds the heat from the processors to the heatsink. The paste that comes with a ps3 will start to dry out after a year and a half (convienent as this is after the warrantee runs out), this in turn will cause the processor to heat up and acumulate damage. The operation taking apart your ps3 and cleaning off the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste (i used artic silver) is easy though it does require a t14 screwdriver (for one pesky screw) and there are numerous youtube videos to help

For the lazy inclined there are also fine companies out there who will diagnose and fix your ps3/xbox for less than sony would charge
one UK company i would recommend is consolewerks as this company fixed my dead bluray and also is the company we send our broken debugg consoles to to get fixed.

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 08-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Stic - hahah nooooooooooooooo one can help me with my conex, not even my ISP pmsl last conex speed test i done via the ps3 it was 3.8Mbps download and 283Kbps upload roughly....................thanks for the info and the vid, i regularly vacume round all the vents on my Ps3, but ive never split it lol

Shadow - aaaaahhhhhhhh thank you kind ser, i will have a bash at that see if it helps, my Ps3 is 2 years old now and funily enough i said to Julie (the wife) earlier about the PC cooling fans for under it This thermal paste is it distinctive to see, remove then re-apply???? Ive more a habit of breaking stuff before i fix :/ pmsl ............ wich is strange i used to build ye olde airfix aeromodels lollol

thanks for the replies guys epic stuff

Last edited by scottyvt4; 08-11-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Default thermal paste

Do try to restore the system file and database first as you may only have corrupted some of the playstation firmware and these will restore the ps3 to uncorrupted status.

You will see it as soon as you get down to th two chips it will be a white powderish substance i suspect. Heres a vid i found to help a bit, though it doesn't show the removal of the thermal paste, you can buy quality thermal paste like artic silver 5 on amazon for less than a tenner and it works on all computer heatsink products.

To removal the thermal paste your best using some sort of rubbing alcohol like acetone, it does come on some monitor wipes thats what i used
whilst your inside the ps3 it gives you a chance to give it a good clean i removed a pound of dust (i'm not kidding i weighed it) mostly crammed in the power supply, taking it apart is alot like taking a laptop apart just easier; because it has screw point marks on each level of construction.

Bad news here though, if it freezes loading games: it may be the bluray telling you it's dying, i hope not as this is an expensive repair even if you do it yourself as the cost of a new bluray unit can be £60 or more, It is a git to fit because of the attached logic circuit. When it happened to me i sent it away for repairs to http://www.consolewerks.co.uk/ they sorted it for 79.99 but the postage was at christmas time and cost me a further 20 quid

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 08-12-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Shadow im forever indebted to you boss thanks again for finding that last thing i want is fried power pack or H'drive lollol ...... wish this forum had a reputation system ........

as far as the conex goes done a online test ...........

just done an online conx test - the wife watches all her soaps on her netbook at this time of night also

done 4 as im always think these online things a shady lol

1st one - http://www.speedtest.net/
download - 2.45Mbps upload - 550kbps ping - 30ms

2nd - http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/
download - 3.88Mbps upload -497Kbps < similar to what the PS conex test is getting

3rd - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics < very fancy lol

download - 3.80Mbps streaming speed 1?? - 221kbps streaming speed 2 - 294Kpbs

4th - http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ and with corrie finished lol

download - 3.98Mbps upload 606Kbps ping 60ms

im no wizz but i know with the soaps on or youtube its killing the band width, and ive no idea if the above is good or other wise as said the first 3 are with some streaming of soaps and/or youtube
Old 08-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

thats a good connection mate my upload is only like 290kps at a good time of day, thats more than enough for bop mate
Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
thats a good connection mate my upload is only like 290kps at a good time of day, thats more than enough for bop mate
lol is it!!!???!!!! well better dig my flying suit out lol

my only other issuse is the router ......... just drops out for no reason Ps3 is hard wired and most of the time i have the controller wired and my laptop off to cut down on the anount of signals around it and still boooom down it goes but thats a ISP thing and as i said to Stic, not even virgin can fix it lol

Last edited by scottyvt4; 08-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

this happens to me in battlefield 2 aswell, but from what i know of virgin media they suplly netgear and linksys routers which are some of the better ones on the market, my poor bt homehub 1.5 is a naff thompson from 1995
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

Its a D-Link router i have iirc its identicle to the Linksys ones ............. after watching the thrmal paste vid i aint so keen on trying to remove it as the "epic fail" is what would happen to me with my luck pmslol............. i cant afford another atm so its working i will go down the fan route first