Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Default How do I get the Russian version?

I really can't wait for this game. If someone could direct me to where I could purchase or download the Russian version, I would be very appreciative.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese33 View Post
I really can't wait for this game. If someone could direct me to where I could purchase or download the Russian version, I would be very appreciative.
You can try to purchaise it on Official Russian 1C website: http://online.1c.ru/games/game/3584266/

Also you need russian rubbles to buy it. But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one (the plot plays great role in Cryostasis).
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
You can try to purchaise it on Official Russian 1C website: http://online.1c.ru/games/game/3584266/

Also you need russian rubbles to buy it. But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one (the plot plays great role in Cryostasis).
Thanks for letting us know. A few weeks ago, I accessed the site, and the game was offered for sale by download for something like RUR300 (USD10). Today I accessed the site, and the game was not offered for sale anymore. Where can I buy it ?

Actually, I am more interested in a boxed DVD version of the game in Russian language. How can I buy it ? (I live in Australia.)
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one.
Why will we get more fun out of it on Feb 20th?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

So, it appears that the administrator does not know where I can obtain a Russian vesion of the game. The problem is that I cannot go to a Russian retailer website and order a boxed DVD version; apparently, posting DVDs out of Russia is against some law. And I do not know any other website where I could buy and download the Russian version.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

You can try on-line shop Ozon http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4185344/, the site states, that it can deliver the product to all countries.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You can try on-line shop Ozon http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4185344/, the site states, that it can deliver the product to all countries.
Thank you. I have been checking the website from time to time, but they still do not have it in stock.

Again, where can I buy the Russian version of the game ?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerian View Post
Thank you. I have been checking the website from time to time, but they still do not have it in stock.

Again, where can I buy the Russian version of the game ?
They have it, checked a minute ago.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

OK, so I got the Russian version, and got through about a third of it. To be honest, I was expecting an atmosphere created by yells in the native language (like it was in Stalker), but the voicing was unimpressive. It was rather bland. I could well get an English version, and would not lose on the atmosphere.

The gameplay is uncomplicated and is probably what the first year students in game development would have done. Some people liken it to Penumbra, but it lacks the Penumbra atmosphere, in my opinion. The game lacks polish -- for example, once I slipped into the water (which means death), and the game made an automatic save. (This means each time the game loaded the last save, I died.) The other moment was when I opened the door and hid behind it from the monster. The problem was that I got stuck behind the door. Oh, and I could not get through the introduction stage of the game, the very first seconds -- I was constantly falling through the cracks when trying to get to the icebreaker. That was ridiculous. I had to resume to the walkthrough to get past that stage.

The other thing which confuses me is the mental echo. I just could not relate the actions of the protagonist and the actions of the dead character on the floor during mental echo and during the 'replay' of what was happening on the ship. They are just disconnected in my mind, i do not know where I am going and why. This does not add to the atmosphere, but rather to the confusion.

But the game has some positive moments, too. For example, it was an original find when the protagonist had to fight off the monster trying to climb into his boat.

The game has some influence from Dead Space, however Dead Space was a highly polished game. If Cryostasis was as polished, it would be a winner.

I will finish the game, because I am suitably motivated. However, I told to my gamer friends that they did not lose much by not playing the game.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
OK, so I got the Russian version, and got through about a third of it. To be honest, I was expecting an atmosphere created by yells in the native language (like it was in Stalker), but the voicing was unimpressive. It was rather bland. I could well get an English version, and would not lose on the atmosphere.
I couldn't agree more. I'm a fan of original voice overs. I also had Stalker in mind when thinking about how the russian one might sound, but it was truly unimpressive, yes, even narcotic in some way. In a review I read that the english voice overs were bad, but I thought they were quite good. In the russian version, the captain always sounds like he took a bottle of sleeping pills, while the english voice actor actually emoted. They were trapped in the ice with some serious problems after all. People died constantly, so who would be so ice cold (no pun intended)

Quote:
The gameplay is uncomplicated and is probably what the first year students in game development would have done. Some people liken it to Penumbra, but it lacks the Penumbra atmosphere, in my opinion.
Well, the gameplay was pretty basic, but it doesn't always have to be as complicated as in Stalker to bring the story across and the story was what drove the game, not the gameplay. As for the athmosphere, I thought the game had plenty of it. You just had to have a feeling for the situation of the falles seafarers

Quote:
The game lacks polish -- for example, once I slipped into the water (which means death), and the game made an automatic save. (This means each time the game loaded the last save, I died.) The other moment was when I opened the door and hid behind it from the monster. The problem was that I got stuck behind the door. Oh, and I could not get through the introduction stage of the game, the very first seconds -- I was constantly falling through the cracks when trying to get to the icebreaker. That was ridiculous. I had to resume to the walkthrough to get past that stage.
The game sure has its bugs. Luckily, I didn't encounter any when I played the game for the first time. When I played it again, I had the full arsenal though: falling through the level, being pushed tohrough obstacles so that I got stuck etc etc... Still, I have to say that the game is worlds away from being unpolished. After all, the game only had a few critical bugs after its release and that is quite impressive, especially since the release was only delayed by 3 months. Compare that with Stalker, which was delayed for 2 or 3 years and still was buggy as hell when it came out.

Quote:
The other thing which confuses me is the mental echo. I just could not relate the actions of the protagonist and the actions of the dead character on the floor during mental echo and during the 'replay' of what was happening on the ship. They are just disconnected in my mind, i do not know where I am going and why. This does not add to the atmosphere, but rather to the confusion.
lol that's a personal issue then. I pretty early realized that these echos were only available when I had to overcome an obstacle. Also, the puzzles were rather easy.

Quote:
The game has some influence from Dead Space, however Dead Space was a highly polished game. If Cryostasis was as polished, it would be a winner.
lol certainly not, otherwise the game would have had to be developed after Dead Space came out and that was clearly not the case. Both games had been in development for years and the first thing you do is to decide the gameplay and layout, so it's clear that all similarities are only coincidental.

Quote:
I will finish the game, because I am suitably motivated. However, I told to my gamer friends that they did not lose much by not playing the game.
I thought so too while playing it, but the ending turned it around for me.