Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 AM
lost cause

Default Won the BF109-10 in Strike?

I unlocked the 109-10 last night and I was quite excited about it! I only have one more plane to unlock and I have them all! (TA-152) The strange thing is according to the unlock list, you have to WIN 40 dogfight or team dogfight to unlock it. But it unlocked after I won a game of STRIKE in a 109-E3. There is a trophy for 30 dogfight wins which I do not have yet, so how did I unlock it? Maybe because the TOTAL dt and tmdt games =40. But on a strike game? Oh well. I used it and did extremely well! I like it better than any of the 109s. It makes one heck of hammerhead turn!! I was throwing Spits off me with that turn and getting kills turning inside opponents. With a 109! Its fast with real good acceleration. It does not have the underwing guns so it may be lighter than the Gs and K models. Still has plenty of firepower without the recoil of the G-6.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

did you find an exploit? If so, try to remember the steps you used, plane you used, etc. . .
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
I unlocked the 109-10 last night and I was quite excited about it! I only have one more plane to unlock and I have them all! (TA-152) The strange thing is according to the unlock list, you have to WIN 40 dogfight or team dogfight to unlock it. But it unlocked after I won a game of STRIKE in a 109-E3. There is a trophy for 30 dogfight wins which I do not have yet, so how did I unlock it? Maybe because the TOTAL dt and tmdt games =40. But on a strike game? Oh well. I used it and did extremely well! I like it better than any of the 109s. It makes one heck of hammerhead turn!! I was throwing Spits off me with that turn and getting kills turning inside opponents. With a 109! Its fast with real good acceleration. It does not have the underwing guns so it may be lighter than the Gs and K models. Still has plenty of firepower without the recoil of the G-6.
You're right, it's the total of your DM and TDM games that unlock it. Quite odd that you got it after a sim game though.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

I unlocked the B-17 and a payload for the B-17 that required several wins with it at the same time. So there's definitely some sort of glitchiness attached to the unlocks, but fortunately they seem to err on the side of good (i.e. giving you stuff before they should) rather than bad.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

They are all screwy. I have a printed list of the unlocks and put a mark down next to it each time I play/win a game or number of kills whichever the unlock needs. I'm sure I remember each time and certainly don't accidently put too many marks. But very often I go over the required amount without geting the unlock. At the moment im trying to unlock the P-51B 500lb bombs which requires you win 15 strike or CTA games with the P-51B, Well i'm now at 19 wins and no 500lb bombs.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM
lost cause

That sucks. I'm tryin to get the bombs too. Its hard enough to win in that plane and then you don't get the bombs. They do seem to err more on our side, as the prior post said. If we ever get a patch, it should be nothing to unlock palnes and weapons. I think I like it being difficult rather than easy, though. It makes getting the unlock very satisfying when you finally get what you're after. Keep tryin. You'll get those 500 pounders soon enough!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

I got the P-51B from the campaign today, and I will say, that plane is balls. Horrible. I thought pilots liked the P-51? Nimble, powerful, lots of guns. Not in the game. Not in the game...

It would be nice if there was an achievements list like in CoD that you could check and say, right! Only 5 more headshots, or whatever it is you were working on.

But no. That would be too easy.

In Soviet Russia, game unlocks you!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHammyGrayVC View Post
You do realise BoP wasn't made in Soviet Russia, I assume?

The P51 flight model will be fixed in the patch.

Trophy checklists are nice, but they are not the norm.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHammyGrayVC View Post

haha nice Yakov Smirnov reference! Man that guy was really screwed when the cold war ended huh?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
You're right, it's the total of your DM and TDM games that unlock it. Quite odd that you got it after a sim game though.
Let's see if I got this right. To get the BF109-G10 you don't need to actually win a total of 40 dogfight/team dogfight matches, you only need to play a total of 40 dogfight/ team dogfight matches.

Do those 40 games need to be ranked?

Why is it odd that he got it after a sim match?