Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Default FOV Mod help?

Hey everyone, recently my friend's been unable to use hyperlobby to get a game going, so we've switched to using Tunngle, but I've run into a problem... Namely, that San's FOV changer doesn't seem to work while tunngle is active.. Is there a way around this or am I screwed? My friends and I don't like to play with the default FOVs, so is there a way to get some widescreen FOV's back?

Pressing PgDn doesn't bring the view out far enough.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, my apologies. If an admin could move this, that'd be great

Last edited by OVERSKY; 04-22-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong forum
Old 04-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Couple of things you'll need to ensure.

1. Did you set up your conf.ini properly as San's readme states? You'll have to add a section, the IP and a port.

2. Do you have the executable, it's config, and the two extra files installed in the root of your IL-2 directory where the il2 executable is? I found that I couldn't get it working right unless those two files were in the same folder.

3. Is your firewall blocking the program? Some folks have the built-in Windows firewall installed or a third party one (like Symantec Endpoint) which sometimes blocks the program from talking to IL2 and vica versa.

4. Do you have the FOV changer app keys set up properly? Are you using the proper keys and key combinations? Do you have the maximum FOV zoom out set too low?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

well, thats just it.. the FOV changer worked perfectly fine when I was using it with Hyperlobby, I just can't get it to work with Tunngle running. Ideas?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Approved Member

Sure. My first idea is if you are going to ask for help, then actually follow and do what people suggest. Just because the program was working doesn't mean you have it set up right.

Tunngle looks like another one of those hub and spoke vpn model apps. Without going into detail, it's probably creating another virtual adapter on your pc which the game is using. Thus, since FOV changer communicates across the IP stack, and you have to tell it where to look and what to use, it can't find IL2. Go back and re-do what I suggested, guarantee it will fix your problem.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

S!

When Tunngle is active, it probably puts the machine on different LAN IP, so you must change the IL-2 conf.ini's one and the one in San's FOV changer accordingly. San's will probably detect this on its own (if started after Tunngle) and you can see the IP on the settings tab. Use the same IP on the conf.ini.

EDIT:
A question of my own: Have you guys any trouble changing the FOV with buttons? With clean 4.08 IL-2, the changer seemed to work 100% of the time using buttons to change the FOV, but with later versions not so much. Since that I've been using one analogue axis on the TM Cougar throttle to nudge the FOV the max (120 deg) when needed, as in after using the game default FOVs.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack

Last edited by Untamo; 04-23-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

A fellow cougar owner eh?

I configured San's so that it doesn't use any key modifiers (alt, ctrl, etc) and just bound three things. 60 FOV, 155 FOV (default flying), and decrease FOV in steps of five. The only other key I bound is "home" to restart the app when it loses track of the current FOV and drops back to that horrible default zoom. I don't use any of the analog axes, I bet you have the thumb wheel right, ant elev? I bound those 4 commands listed above to the black thumb hat on the stick right below the red cannon button. Up is 60, down is 155, right is decr FOV, left is home/restart. When I say bound, I mean that a little differently too, since I use JoyToKey to help with repeating and key bindings. For example, my decr FOV by 5 on the hat is set to repeat 10 times every sec with a 250 msec delay, so I have fine tune control and rapid zoom in if needed.

All said, I still prefer the Default FOV and FOVmod add-ons for Modact. San is a saint and deserves a medal for what he's done. But the program isn't that reliable, and I still find that it frequently craps out and I have to restart it, and it always craps out right when I need it most, like a split second before a glancing shot in a turning fight.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

S!

I use the one on the top as I use the antenna elevation rotary for elevator trim

And yes, I also use Joy2Key with the same hat as you .. I use the down and right for the game's own zoom levels, and the left direction to press X with Joy2Key and I have bound X to "Default" in San's which I have set to 120 degrees. But it doesn't seem to work anymore. Not even if I press X on keyboard.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Mr. Whacker,

I suggest you gtfo cause if I had it set up and working with Hyperlobby then obviously I know how to get it to work initially. After installing Tunngle I went back to the conf and changed everything to match the new Virtual IP and everything else that has been suggested, I even went and deleted the MAC Address line from the conf file to see if it could reset. The end result is that the program can detect that IL2 is running, but it can't actually run.

So your guarantee turned out to be useless and I want my money back.

I'll retry things here, and try other theories. see if anything comes of it.

Oh and Whacker, derail someone elses topic. kthx.

EDIT:
Went back and tried running it again. It worked for some reason. I guess San's is a touchy program, but I still love it for what it does.

Last edited by OVERSKY; 04-26-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

S!

We can't know the level of knowledge of the people writing on this forum. We have the scale from "monkey slapping keyboard at random" to "guru flashing his own modified linux on the router box" -types. So we must start from the basics, and through dialogue determine where you are on the scale.

You ask a question, get instructions and then respond with more precise questions, and the get more precise answers. Hostility won't get you anywhere. Whacker provided some good answers IMHO.

And if someone derailed the thread, it was me by asking the side question, sorry for that.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

I have NO problem at all with getting basic answers to questions. It's the basic answers that most often work. But when people make assumptions that I (or other OPs) are too stupid to follow advice, it only (to paraphrase my old man) Makes an ass out of everyone.

Thanks for all the help anyways, problem solved for some reason.