Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Oh that's a shame because I was hoping I would be able to configure my Xbox controller.

Indeed Good to see you here on this unfortunately dead forum. Ive been trying to drum up some support for the game on some 4x4 forums. Had some positive comments on there and allot of people wanting it on PS3. Not sure if it will work as there is so little info around on this game. Still hopefully it will still be released as stated and not be too difficult to purchase.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnestah View Post
Oh that's a shame because I was hoping I would be able to configure my Xbox controller.

Indeed Good to see you here on this unfortunately dead forum. Ive been trying to drum up some support for the game on some 4x4 forums. Had some positive comments on there and allot of people wanting it on PS3. Not sure if it will work as there is so little info around on this game. Still hopefully it will still be released as stated and not be too difficult to purchase.
PC and Xbox, no PS3. Probably will be a bitch to buy in and around Europe. There is no communication at all here on the forum. I think we will not have the chance to buy it in Europe. But I mean, Russians, what do you expect?.. -.-'
Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Still hopefully it will still be released as stated and not be too difficult to purchase.
PC version of the game will be released worldwide digitally on 30th September and retail copies from local publishers will shortly follow. I don't think you'll encounter any problems in purchasing it since it will be available from most major digital stores. Unfortunately, release date for XBox360 version of the game is not set yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
But I mean, Russians, what do you expect?.. -.-'
And what do you mean by this exactly, pray tell?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Hey thanks for the update there sneaksy Much appreciated.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Cheers Sneaksie! Looking forward to Its release here In Greece.
Personally, I am very happy this title Is coming from Russia. I see many potentials for the future!
Keep It up!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
PC version of the game will be released worldwide digitally on 30th September and retail copies from local publishers will shortly follow. I don't think you'll encounter any problems in purchasing it since it will be available from most major digital stores. Unfortunately, release date for XBox360 version of the game is not set yet.

And what do you mean by this exactly, pray tell?
Russians like to do things on their own, I mean selfish by that. But thanks for the update, we finally got some sort of answer. But will there be free roam? And what about the map editor, is that soms sort of free roam? And why no activity on the English forum, we as English fans, aren't we important too??
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

What kind of activity you want on the forum? The developers are finalizing the game. First reviews are likely to appear around the release date of shortly after it and i'm sure you'll get all the required info from independent sources if you are on the fence about purchasing it.
No, there is no free roam to my knowledge. For example, in trial you must follow a narrow path just because of nature of it, even the multiplayer functions differently in this mode (cars of your competitiors are ghost-like so you won't get in the way of each other and can compare your performance to others in the same time). In sprint and trophy you have much more room of course, but you'll need to pass checkpoints anyway. I'm not sure of exact technical limitations that prevented the developers from allowing full free-roaming, but i'm sure they didn't do this to piss you off.

Final (major) features of the game:
  • Leading international off-road championships in 6 regions of the world: Thailand, South Africa, Russia, Malaysia, USA (North California) and Australia: sprint, trophy and trial
  • 42 unique off-road tracks
  • 20 off-road SUVs, including the most popular off-road racing vehicles and custom-built unique prototypes
  • Vehicle customization: paint, adjustable suspension, variable tire type and size
  • Special off-road equipment and accessories: lowered gearing, front/rear locking differentials, winch, sand tracks etc.
  • Realistic vehicle damage system
  • LAN/Internet multiplayer for up to 4 players

P.S. What makes multiplayer more interesting compared to usual racing games is interactive terrain response IMHO. You have a harder time following a leader here since a passing vehicle can change road conditions from bad to worse by creating a rut and so on.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quite rich content. 42 tracks mean 7 tracks per location, right?
Nice to see there will be a relistic damage. Also deformation of the surface sounds great.
Don't think I've seen such thing In a racing game before.
Why didn't you Iclude It for off line playing too?

Just a question, regarding weather: Will the weather conditions In Trial mode be preset
or we will be able to race a track picking any weather we like?
And will there be some night races with headlights on e.t.c or not?

Thanks.

luke

edit: I love when the camera showing the entire track before start.
WRC2 PS2 had that feature. No other game ever since.

Last edited by luke gr; 09-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Sounding good Obviously free roam is always popular but on some of the videos and as Sneaksie mentions There do seem to be some much wider areas to explore as seen here.

very much looking forward to playing this game.
Thanks again for update.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Default suree

Quote:
Sounding good Obviously free roam is always popular but on some of the videos and as Sneaksie mentions There do seem to be some much wider areas to explore as seen here.

very much looking forward to playing this game.
Thanks again for update.
as soon as u get NEAR the border what does it do auto kick u back to track(they didnt really EXPLORE they just went over small stuff on the edge of the track that's not exploring at all just going slower and purposely going over stuff to make it look better to show off suspension travel....and the no damage or deformation.... BOTH were in the MX VS. ATV game, albeit limited to just damage to skin of vehicle it was still damage AND there was ground deformation... i think (sorry sneaksie) you just bloating the game up as you all have been doing.IMHO...
the whole reason for no free roam,IMHO was laziness. I KNOW I would wait longer for a game if i was actually kept up to date and had responses on the games forums more often, then i would be just fine while they took the time needed to have some sort of free roam or anything else we(the ones giving you our money) would like, rather then completely blow off the forums and once in a full moon make some short response or add some new calender crap(imho).so yes i am still on the fence about this game. NOT because of the game play it self BUT the lack of response from the game makers and forum leaders ABOUT whats going on and if we already had this much of a issue with getting responses or updates i can only imagine how much worse it could get when we find glitches or anything else in the game(every game has them ,its a matter of whether they get fixed timely manner or not) as to how LONNNNGGGGG it will take for a response or patch or if we get left in the dark once again..

so take it as you will this is truth and facts i speak about how i know just not myself but others as well feel, so if you want to say im a prick go ahead but i don't feel i am being one im just merely a adult that speaks in honesty and don't beat around the bush.

Last edited by ShawnK116; 09-01-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: ...