Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Default Space Rangers HD - Ground Battles

Hi,

for those that still face difficulties fighting the Ground Battles, tomorrow I'll upload a video explaining everything in the tutorial mission. Wanted to upload it today but 25GB aren't uploadable (and even if they are, my Internet is not anywhere near fast enough xD). So watch this space, I'll post tomorrow with the video-link. Tutorial-mission is 49 minutes explaining basics like UI and what equipment you can choose for the robots but also fighting-tips against the AI-robots.
If anyone is interested in me also doing some featured maps (so maps that do not work great with the standard-tactics), if I don't get around doing every single map (most likely, as university is more important), feel free to post the mapname. Also I'd like to mention one thing now I forgot to tell in the video: Train by replaying the tutorial-mission over and over. I'm explaining what to look for while fighting first person, you only need training to successfully utilize the tips.
Ok, posting the link tomorrow.
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

So I have failed...
MSI Afterburner did not want to record the mouse as well, resulting in you not seeing too much of what I do.
Thus I have to completely redo the video and will be changing the recording program to one that already records into a smaller file. Maybe you'll have to wait until Sunday to watch the tutorial -.-
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Well, damn it, I've fixed the issue with MSI Afterburner not recording the mouse. However now the record is lagging...
Will have to record the vid another time, thus it may take a while. Don't want to upload something bad.
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Another failed attempt later: It seems like many programs are lagging quite well when recording Space Rangers HD...
Will have to try out other programs until one works. Until then can't post the video -.-
Sorry for the delay, will try to sort it out ASAP.
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

There is a fellow on steam forum that seems to be having a lot of success making recordings:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/214730...4412123831205/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman View Post
Another failed attempt later: It seems like many programs are lagging quite well when recording Space Rangers HD...
Will have to try out other programs until one works. Until then can't post the video -.-
Sorry for the delay, will try to sort it out ASAP.
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

I may know why it was lagging so much. Forgot to change the cursor back to hardware...
Just can't verify that now though, no time. May be able to do this on Friday or Saturday.
Greetings
Silverman
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

never promise something...
Action! doesn't work, MSI Afterburner doesn't work, DXTory may not work -.-
Hope to get some time to set up DXTory properly, otherwise I may have to cancel the record. Not gonna upload something lagging so much.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Well, thanks to Aramazon I am able to describe way better, what's happening to the recording of RTS-Missions.

As you can see, there is no mouse at all visible and it's "slightly" lagging while steering the robots yourself. While the no mouse-thing is solveable (changing it from hardware- to software-mouse), the lagging while increase significantly and is then visible also in RTS-mode.
Anybody know a solution for this issue? I'm still willing to do the Ground-Battles-videos but as a Tutorial you should be seeing the mouse and have a non-lagging version of the vid. While those who know what happens in RTS will be able to understand what I do, those who the tutorial is aimed for may not. And they need to see the mouse.
Greetings
Silver
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

I realized after my latest video that I had "hide mouse" checked in my recording software, so in my future videos the mouse will be visible.

Actually, I have a recording of an RTS battle with the mouse and everything works fine in it. I haven't uploaded it yet, it's video 10 in the series, so at the rate I'm going it'll be up in a few days. I'll post a link here when it's up.

Seriously though, Bandicam works well for me. You might want to give it a shot.
Or based on whatever software you're using you might want to fiddle with some of the settings. I set mine to specifically record only 1024 by 768...maybe that helps.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Downloading right now, will test later today. Could you look up whether you have Hardware- or Software-Cursor enabled in SR2? If everything works fine for you, I should try and copy what you have set up