Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-29-2022, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

What was your fix? As for the skins problem I wonder if it has anything to do with the missions calendar date in fmb? Also would Microsoft vs plus effect anything,virtual studio?
Old 07-29-2022, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
What was your fix? As for the skins problem I wonder if it has anything to do with the missions calendar date in fmb? Also would Microsoft vs plus effect anything,virtual studio?
My fix to run 4.15 was selecting "Windows Sonic for Headphones" under "Spatial sound" in my Windows 10 speaker options. Once I did that the game ran under any of the sound install options except the first "DSO" option. It even ran with no sound card option selected, but the one that delivered the most EAX lights was DSO XP. I did lose sound on the Creative install somehow after it had been working, but your "SoundUse=1" tip got that working again, so I actually have 4 different working installs of 4.15 now!

For the skin issue, my Fw 190 mission design is dated 2 April 1944, but the map never did give correct default US roundels for that date. Even in 4.14.1 I had to include custom skins for the mission, which worked fine then, but not now for the C-47s in 4.15. That is the problem. And yet the custom skins work fine in 4.15 for P-39s, Spitfires and Beaufighters at the same airfield in that same mission!

But you don't need to download my Fw 190 mission to see the problem. Please just follow my example of trying to fit C-47 or P-38J non-default skins on a clean Italy online or Kursk map in 4.15 and, if it is a universal problem, it should only take you 30 seconds or so to see it. I know the problem is not isolated to my install, so it may well be a universal 4.15 bug.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 07-30-2022 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Correctness
Old 07-29-2022, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Hi JacksonsGhost,

bug confirmed, thanks for reporting
Old 07-30-2022, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Thanks _1SMV_Gitano.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Default France and Vichy France single mission folders??

I can see the nations in FMB and quick but are there supposed to be FR and VI? folders to place in single missions file directory. Language should be the same, medals?
Old 07-31-2022, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
I can see the nations in FMB and quick but are there supposed to be FR and VI? folders to place in single missions file directory. Language should be the same, medals?
When you assign a flight of aircraft as Vichy the game allocates the letters "vi" to that flight, so that is the code for Vichy. If you want a mission/campaign to appear in the game menu as Vichy you will need to create a corresponding folder titled "VI" (or "Vi" would probably also work if you prefer). When you save the mission/campaign to that folder it should then appear in the game menu as France (Vichy) and function in the intended way.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Probado el Dewoitine y el Tía Ju, ¡excelente!

¡Muy buen laburo!

¡Muchas gracias!

Tested the Dewoitine and Antu Ju, excelent!

Very good job!

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-04-2022, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Thanks _1SMV_Gitano.
LOL, that sounds indeed very formal.

Cheers Mike
Old 08-04-2022, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Russian rear gunners won't man gun in U-2 and R-5?

Was trying to test R-5 rear gunner reloading, on 4141 he had unlimited ammo, never changed drums. Now I go to gunners pit and can't get the gunner onto his gun. I use Y as bonded key for raise lower turret. Same problem for U-2.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
LOL, that sounds indeed very formal.

Cheers Mike
I wasn't sure if you were ok with doing first names in the forums. Nicola is definitely easier to type!

Thanks again for the great work. I'm loving the much improved car models/textures too! No more pop-up wheels on the trucks! I hope there is a fix for the skins bug sooner rather than later though ...

Cheers Nicola