Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 05-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
i think it's our mistake and we must fix it ..
Good deal Sita! I started an old Win XP PC today that has a working version of HL from 2006 that I put away when I got a new PC for a IL2 dedicated server. HL dedicated servers were started by il2fb.exe in 2006 and every server version 408, 409 410 to 413 started with il2fb.exe. Even back then HL would only take il2fb.exe in its game search.

I got the newer patch that you put up: 413.4 to 414.1 for dedicated servers. After I updated a new copy of 413.4, the il2fb.exe would not work(it says-bad file and shuts off.)
You may already know this but, I thought I would tell you in case you didn't.

AleX server is not using a dedicated server with FBDj, it is started just like a players co-op game would. That is why it starts in HL with the il2fb.exe file, it is not really a dedicated server...

Thank you again, I will watch for 414.2 hotfix.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Approved Member

Default He-177 wobble

was coming in to land and all went well, looked at AI in external views and some of them were acting like porpoises, all wobble up and down etc.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Default Aircraft not being credited as destroyed issue remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
I’ve noticed that the CANT Z.506 will often not be credited as destroyed even when it clearly has been. Even when it has broken up in mid air in plain view of attacking fighters and is left with just the fuselage bobbing in the water it is still not credited as destroyed. This can be very frustrating. In my own mission design “Wildcat Ace over the Norwegian Sea” mission success is dependent on the destruction of the CANT and yet far too often the CANT is simply not credited as destroyed, resulting in the “Target Failed” message appearing when it clearly should be “Target Complete”.

I think this does happen with other aircraft also but I’ve mainly noticed it with the CANT.
Quoting from an earlier thread. Unfortunately this painful issue is still a regular event in 4.14.1.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Question Issues with several maps

I updated using the update patch that allowed updating directly from 4.13.4 to 4.14.1, and most of it seems to work fine (for now, anyways; I'll update whenever necessary). However, a couple of maps seem to have some problems:

When, on the Full Mission Builder, I selected any of the Battle for Donbass or the Battle for Moscow maps, the game would quickly CTD, and I'd have to restart the program. The other new maps included in the patches don't have this problem.

Did I do something wrong, and/or is anyone else having trouble? I haven't noticed anyone else mention it here (yet), so I thought I'd ask around for help. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Default where did my US voices go and czech as well

was flying a usmc wake island mission and to my suprise all i heard were russian voices. saw another post about missing volices online and bammo, no US or SK folders in my samples/speech folder. How to fix other than pull up older version on external hard drive and copy into it??
Old 06-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
was flying a usmc wake island mission and to my suprise all i heard were russian voices. saw another post about missing volices online and bammo, no US or SK folders in my samples/speech folder. How to fix other than pull up older version on external hard drive and copy into it??
They're still there on my install. Check your PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:05 AM
Approved Member

Default Betty and val bombsight bug??

Betty and val use knots for IAS/TAS but bomb sight shows alt in feet in hud message bar. PAS has to have altitude in meters. anyone else seeing this??
Old 06-23-2019, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Bombsight use for circling torpedoes

was doing sonme testing last nite and the russian circling torpedo is now compatable with the OPB-1. Now i have to remake some missions??
Old 06-26-2019, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Black sea map bugs for rivers/bridges

Map box AU-23/AV 21 and AU 21 there are rivers that run dry, bridges with no water under them etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0018.jpg (1.14 MB, 17 views)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Map box AU-23/AV 21 and AU 21 there are rivers that run dry, bridges with no water under them etc.
Rivers are not realistic on this map, of course (as everywhere else in IL2). But dry riverbeds were typical for Crimean peninsula in real life. Especially before creation of new canals network in 1960-1970s. Some rivers could just stop running in dry season and turn into isolated narrow lakes, temporary.

There are more serious errors on this map, actually. Copied from the earlier map of Crimea in the first versions of the game. Absence of Balaklava Bay, wrong terrain in the area of Sevastopol, non-historical breakwaters of Sevastopol Bay, etc...