Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-15-2019, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

As iMattheush said, more plane variants would be really nice. There are a lot of timeperiods and scenarios, however. Should early Bf-109's be prioritized or late war Mosquitoes and Spitfires? Should Meteors and V-2's of the Western Front be prioritized or Yak-9DD's, from the Eastern Front?

Now, what I would really like, and I find criminal that there hasn't been included, because it should have been part of the first release of Il-2 is roads, dirt roads and railway objects and all their bridges, for FMB. I say it's criminal, because those objects already exist in maps. Why wouldn't they be available as placeable objects?
Old 04-16-2019, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

I still think the biggest issues with IL-2, especially for players who recently discovered it or are buying it for nostalgia sake, the current (post 4.11) AI are really terrible compared to previous versions.

If you are being chased by the AI (Assuming they didnt snipe you with a 500m deflection shot) you just have to fly low. The AI wont go low enough to hit you and will just roll around until they "give up" or crash. This is unacceptable and makes campaigns really boring compared to before.

Another thing which is unacceptable and should be fixed before adding ANY new content: Campaigns and careers. why on earth hasnt the official DGen been replaced even by Starshoy's (the man who originally developed DGen) later versions? Why havent campaigns been updated to support new Aircraft, ground units and maps? If the theaters, units and planes are present, why not improve at least the careers? The resources are all there, and new players as well as old should not have to rely purely on community expansions to bring these aspects up to par with the rest of the game.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

A lot of people don't enjoy the AI's routines.
But they never specify the AI's skill level neither their skill level!
Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

unacceptable, criminal, installed on a mod'ed version and it deleted files........wOw

Thanks for the patch TD, You have done some great work, this version is definitely a step up, and modernizes the game.

I was looking at that graphics extender, https://youtu.be/hWLjYJ4BzvI, only 10mb download, will it work with one of the alternate exe's. Don't really need it, most of the things I am shooting at are squirming 50-100m in front of my guns. But for NTRK's it would be nice.

Cheers, Have a great Summer All
ура! Всем хорошего лета
Prost! Ich wünsche euch allen einen schönen Sommer
à votre santé! passe un bel été tout
tepuk tangan! selamat menikmati musim panas semua
Kanpai subarashī natsu o sugosu
Twoje zdrowie! mieć wspaniałe lato
¡aclamaciones! ten un buen verano todo

Last edited by Music; 04-16-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: at a(re) squirming
Old 04-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idefix44 View Post
A lot of people don't enjoy the AI's routines.
But they never specify the AI's skill level neither their skill level!
I would consider myself pretty skilled (been playing for around a decade and used to be really good online cant really prove that i know) and AI seem to have the same fundamental issues on all difficulty levels. Again, they are actually programmed to start shooting at nearly 1km (~700m) they get very accurate deflection shots out to about half a km and they cant get you if your'e low. Other then that, in my opinion, their basic routines and maneuvers are pretty good and less predictable than in the past.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Regarding AI.
When 4 engine bombers under attack show aerobatic tricks as barrel rolls... It looks impressive.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Regarding AI.
When 4 engine bombers under attack show aerobatic tricks as barrel rolls... It looks impressive.
Which AI skill level? I know for sure rookie AI do not do it.

There is also something that direly needs to be fixed btw. AI gunner accuracy. Even on average, they begin firing at around 7-800m with deadly precision. I exclusively use rookie AI for this reason, but I feel that the gunners, while they open fire less regularly, are still too accurate, and begin firing at very long ranges.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
Which AI skill level? I know for sure rookie AI do not do it.

There is also something that direly needs to be fixed btw. AI gunner accuracy. Even on average, they begin firing at around 7-800m with deadly precision. I exclusively use rookie AI for this reason, but I feel that the gunners, while they open fire less regularly, are still too accurate, and begin firing at very long ranges.
No idea about skill level. My favourite pastime on online servers is bomber interception. So I see aerobatics done by B-17s or Pe-8s from time to time, for example, on Letka Orel server, Samara server. B-25s do some tricks as well.
As for the gunners...well, I blame just myself when I killed from 800 m while attacking from six... But when they shoot me during head on attack in Me 262, this can be really frustrating.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
No idea about skill level. My favourite pastime on online servers is bomber interception. So I see aerobatics done by B-17s or Pe-8s from time to time, for example, on Letka Orel server, Samara server. B-25s do some tricks as well.
As for the gunners...well, I blame just myself when I killed from 800 m while attacking from six... But when they shoot me during head on attack in Me 262, this can be really frustrating.
I agree it's all wrong, but I'm not sure the problem is one of accuracy. I think what's happening is more that there are a limited number of hit points on the planes. The pilot's head is a very small part of the overall area of the aircraft, and it ought to be more or less impossible to hit it, or rather a hit there ought to be a certainty, but only very, very rarely.

What I think is happening is that there a set (and much too small) number of hit points, one for the engine (probably a dozen for different parts of it), one for the pilots head, one for the elevators, maybe a hundred or so for you hit nothing, but once you hit a particular nothing, it's gone and can't be hit again, and it's like a game of "battleships", "oops I hit the pilot's head".
Old 04-19-2019, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Hmm.. Lets see.

The following planes get these loadouts added

B5N2
- (1) 800 kg bomb
- (2) 250 kg bombs
-(1) 250 kg bomb and (6) 60 kg bombs

D3A1
- (2) 60 kg bombs, one under each wing

SBD-3/SBD-5
- (1) 500 pound bomb, centerline, and (2) 100 pound bombs, wings

P-400
- (1) 500 pound bomb

And...… Just cause I'm feeling lucky
make Blenheim and TBD-1 flyable. (hey, one can wish. lol)